2 GPU, 2 Monitors, QEMU

I don't know what to do or where to get drivers for an AMD and NVIDIA dual gpu computer. I am using my computer (dual booting windows and manjaro for now) for setting up QEMU.

AMD Ryzen 5 2400g
RTX 2070 Super (For Guest OS) + RX 580 (For Host OS)

My problem is that my second monitor isn't showing anything at all. My second monitor is connected to my RX 580 while my RTX 2070 Super is connected to my first display.

I tried installing both drivers side-by-side and tried installing video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime with no success.

Thanks.

can you please return

inxi -Fxxxza
  • video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime is only for laptop with intel & Nvidia
  • video-hybrid-amd-nvidia-440xx-prime is required for laptop amd ( navi )& Nvidia

if this is a desktop , you goes in trouble to get theses two videos cards working ,
in any linux distribution

@bogdancovaciu is it possible to have 2 drivers working for each screen under Xorg ?
also this is not amdgpu driver but vfio-pci

1 Like

Hello,
Thanks for responding
The command returns this in terminal.

https://pastebin.com/XzYw5zQv

Thanks.

This will never work on a Desktop PC AFAIK.
Install the video-nvidia-440xx trough MHWD and once is done remove the
/etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf
and
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mhwd.conf
then reboot. You should have both GPUs active and working.

Hello.

It hasn't done anything to my second screen.
It doesn't recognize an input with Manjaro (but it recognizes it with Windows).

Thanks.

If you run from terminal:
mhwd -li
and you have any other driver than video-nvidia-440xx installed, please remove them. You don't need vesa nor modesetting ...

Hello.
I uninstalled vesa and modesetting drivers and still only get one input.

Installed PCI configs:

NAME               VERSION          FREEDRIVER           TYPE

video-nvidia-440xx            2019.10.25               false            PCI

Warning: No installed USB configs!

I only really need to disable my RTX card and enable my RX card for Qemu
I was gonna do that after but if i could disable my RTX one for my kvm, then i really don't mind doing that.

I'm on a desktop computer trying to install Manjaro just FYI. I see that Intel is for intel CPU or GPU's and i made a mistake here. It's still not working but i see i have done something wrong.

UPDATE

I can get one GPU (display on gpu) to work at a time. I can't get both to work though.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by