A few words about manjaro-chroot.

So darn wonderful.

Updated performance-tweaks from the AUR, and it broke something, I think login services. No sddm (Black screen of Hi Cursor), no console login.

Now, I had no reason to :poop: a :brick:, I use the timeshift-autosnap script, so backing out is always an option - it's just a long option. Booting into a USB live session and manjaro-chrooting in (then remembering I had moved /var to another ssd, so had to mount that manually. I am so good at making extra work for myself) made removing performance-tweaks fast and painless.

One reboot later and I'm back to a functional machine.

I love this distro. :heart:

6 Likes

Blame @Librewish. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Priceless!
:rofl:

Yes it is excellent, isn't it! Has saved me several times, but maybe best of all is that it works fine to rescue various other systems too, not only MJ.

2 Likes

innit innit in Oz? 'Tis, innit?

3 Likes

No, t'ain't. Afaik it's a Cockney London &/or Northern England thing [hopefully a native Pommie will correct my ignorance here on the actual etymology]. When you've seen me wield it here sometimes in the forum, i am merely gleefully grabbing it & using it ironically. Yes, true, i am a shameless cultural appropriation criminal.

Fwiw, i do the same thing when i say "Straya" instead of "Australia", by which shorthand i am mercilessly mocking a certain (in)breed of my fellow Orstrayans who are uneducated narrow-minded ignorant red-necked flat-earth bigots, but who sadly have risen to hold positions of power down here [including shamefully in our various federal & state parliaments].

I don't expect my explanation necessarily to make sense to you, coz i realise that my skullspace is weird & my sense of humour probably equally barking mad.

:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Whatcoo' you takin' me for? Some ignrint American? I ain't no idjit, no ma'am! Didnt never take no heed to them schoolmarms, neither.

1 Like

I chroot in your general direction.

Your mother was a hamster, & your father smelled of elderberries.

1 Like

Stop! Stop that at once! Stop, or I shall say "Stop!" again!

2 Likes

Nii.

Nii.

Now where's my shrubbery?

2 Likes

I chopped it down.

With...

A HERRING!

3 Likes

Aaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhh, you said it again!

Oh no, now you made me say it.

Aaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhhhh...

2 Likes

Sorry Jill, something seems to have gone awry with your thoroughly decent thread.

1 Like

...and now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

3 Likes

Yeah, one of the things I love about this community. Ya bunch of silly wonderfuls. :laughing:

3 Likes

Well excuse me but your post is gratuitously off-topic & someone should hold you to account for this dire infraction.

Just wait til the OP sees wot you've done!

1 Like

Nah, it was Wilde.

Possibly Shaw.

1 Like

Nah, I'm not too Wilde about Shaw.

1 Like

I'm not shaw i fully grasp your wilde remarks.

1 Like

hmm how can login service break with
performance-tweaks?

i dont do anything that can break login.

may be you updated something else

first then updated the package

anyway its working fine here

2 Likes

Nope. It was the only thing updated today.

I don't know. Might have been one of the graphic tweaks… Been looking at your git for it, and that's all I can see that might do it. I plan on re-installing it (because it is awesome) so I'll let you know.

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by