Add my own public key to the pacman keyring

I use a own repository for some packages. I the past I didn't sign these packages. Since some friends and family members also use it now, I thought it might be a good idea to sign these packages.

The signing is easy. But what is the best way to add my public key to the pacman keyring?

On Arch this is quit easy

pacman-key --add /path/to/downloaded/keyfile

pacman-key --lsign-key keyid

This works on Manjaro, too. But since the pacman keyring is on a tmpfs in memory, my public key is gone after a computer shutdown.

On way is to edit pacman-init.service, but I thought maybe there is a better way.

make a xabbu-keyring package like @Strit do for his repository

You can create your own keyring package and publish it. So you only have to manually grant your key once to install that package properly.

1 Like

Create a package in the repo, that is not getting signed. You can use mine as a template:

PS: I really need to get a better picture on my github profile. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thanks for the replies. This way is much easier and it worked.

But unfortunately on some older installations it didn't worked as expected.
On these, pacman-init.service was enabled. I'm not sure if I enabled this service or the service was enabled at installation time. But after I disabled pacman-init.service everything worked. I saw on newer installations the service was disabled right from the beginning.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by