After sleep, Wi-Fi detects signals, but impossible to connect

IMPORTANT EDIT: It feels that it's been fixed now.

Update your Manjaro system and see if it works.

I have been having this issue for a while, I think it was OK some time ago, and after some update it started happening.

Sometimes, when I shut off Wi-Fi through KDE Plasma's toggle before suspending, after waking it up I could toggle it back up fine. But sometimes it does not work. And it's annoying because I have to restart the computer to get Wi-Fi back.

What happens is that, it is detecting networks perfectly, but when it tries to connect, it just stays there... trying to connect, and after like a minute it shows something like "credentials failed".

I am worried it might be due to some error with the kdewallet thingie, but I am not sure, it might as well be an issue related to correctly shutting off and on the network service.

These are my Wi-Fi specs. I am running stantard Manjaro KDE.

•     Subsystem: Lenovo RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter

•     Kernel driver in use: rtl8821ce

•     Kernel modules: 8821ce

On a side note, do you know of any command to try and restart the network service, so I can try and not restart the whole computer?

Here is a suspend service I wrote:

If you substitute your network particulars in the service it should work for you. The network restart commands are included in the service.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by