Alsa-Tools for Arch?

Hello, First time coming to Arch

Done with the installation process; I am on a HP Elitebook 8440p, long time ago something went wrong with the sound and to fix it a have to make some changes to something call alsa-tools; I only have experience with Ubuntu so trying to install alsa-tools here is not working.. I really apreciete any tips.

sudo pacman -Sy alsa-tools

I mean I install it fine, is not opening when clicking on HDSPconf icon

Open a terminal and call hdspconf. Maybe you get an error you can work with.

Defenetly:
hdspconf: error while loading shared libraries: libfltk.so.1.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

`fltk (optional)

• hdspconf, hdspmixer`

To fix it call: sudo pacman -S fltk

install fltk?

sudo pacman -S fltk

Actually still not opening any graphical interface, terminal prints:
command: hdspconf

HDSPConf 1.4 - Copyright (C) 2003 Thomas Charbonnel thomas@undata.org
This program comes WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
HDSPConf is free software, see the file copying for details

Looking for HDSP cards :
Card 0 : HDA Intel MID at 0xd7420000 irq 33
Card 1 : HDA NVidia at 0xd3000000 irq 17
No Hammerfall DSP card found.
command: hdspmixer

HDSPMixer 1.11 - Copyright (C) 2003 Thomas Charbonnel thomas@undata.org
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
HDSPMixer is free software, see the file COPYING for details

Looking for RME cards:
Card 0: HDA Intel MID at 0xd7420000 irq 33
Card 1: HDA NVidia at 0xd3000000 irq 17
No RME cards found.

In ubuntu it will also install hda-jack-retask when alsta tools installed, these Hda Gui tools gives options to work with the sound plugs of the hardware or something along those lines... I have to mute the headphones input and others and only leave speackers output, dont ask me why something when wrong and thats the only way I know how to make it work again.. I gonna take a google ride see if there is hda-jack-retask GUI for arch.. Thanks for been there @philm

You can start it after you have installed GTK3 via hdajackretask. See also the list of dependencies of alsa-tools.

Hey @philm , thanks for that tip, this means hda-jack-retask comes by default on every gtk3 system? or that I actually don't need to install alsa-tools then.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by