Alsamixer can't detect headphone.

I have a headphone and when I plug it in, it can't be detected. I tried to troubleshoot using several ways and they didn't work for me. What information should I attach and how can I solve this?

welcome to Manjarp @ygy

get full ALSA information with - sudo alsa-info.sh --upload
and paste the link here for data uploaded to alsa-project

Really sorry for the late reply......

Here's the result:

result

1 Like

late reply is no bad thing. other users on here have found solutions for similar problem with other laptops so there is a better chance of getting your audio working now

Asus ROG G703GI (ALC295)

00:1f.3 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation Cannon Lake PCH cAVS [8086:a348] (rev 10)
	Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:1ed0]

Cannon Lake audio device on Intel laptops have a built-in digital microphone array that is not supported by the usual audio driver snd_hda_intel

but alsa-info data is showing that internal audio is trying to use the 'legacy' driver
and not the new driver sof-hda-dsp

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC295 Analog [ALC295 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

but system does have package sof-firmware installed for the SOF drivers - they are listed in the section !!All Loaded Modules

best working solution at the moment is to install pulseaudio-git from AUR to get pulseaudio v13.99

pamac build pulseaudio-git

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by