Hello ARM community.
Another Stable update is upon us! This is a huge one!
If you haven't already updated your
pacman-mirrors to 4.16.5, you need to follow the guide here:
- Most of our kernels got updated
- Thunderbird updated to 68.10.0
- LibreOffice updated to 6.4.5
- KDE Plasma is now at 5.19.3
- KDE Applications updated to 20.04.3
- CoreApps are now at 3.0.1
- Added many new packages for Phosh and Lomiri
- Lots of perl packages got updated
- The usual updates to Python packages
zn_poly packages requires manual intervention:
firewalld requires manual intervention:
Package changes: (Wed Jul 15 20:52:37 CEST 2020)
- arm-stable community aarch64: 1847 new and 1731 removed package(s)
- arm-stable core aarch64: 39 new and 42 removed package(s)
- arm-stable extra aarch64: 633 new and 633 removed package(s)
Package list was too long for this post, but it can be viewed here
Testers needed on arm-testing branch
We are in need of testers for our arm-testing and arm-unstable branches.
So if you are adventurous and want newer software quicker, we would love for you to help us test out the new packages in arm-testing branch.
All you have to do to switch to this branch is:
Branch = arm-stableto
Branch = arm-testing.
- Run this command:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f5 && sudo pacman -Syyu. This will generate a new mirrorlist for you, sync your databases with the new mirror and update your system using the arm-testing branch.
We would then love for you to give feedback in our update posts in #manjaro-arm:arm-testing-updates. That way we can better find and fix bugs, before they hit arm-stable branch. Thank you!
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)