[ARM Stable Update] 2020-07-15 - KDE Plasma, Thunderbird, LibreOffice and Kernels

Hello ARM community.

Another Stable update is upon us! This is a huge one!

If you haven't already updated your pacman-mirrors to 4.16.5, you need to follow the guide here:

lomiri-on-manjaro

Some highlights:

• Most of our kernels got updated
  • Thunderbird updated to 68.10.0
  • LibreOffice updated to 6.4.5
  • KDE Plasma is now at 5.19.3
  • KDE Applications updated to 20.04.3
  • CoreApps are now at 3.0.1
  • Added many new packages for Phosh and Lomiri
  • Lots of perl packages got updated
  • The usual updates to Python packages

Upstream Notifications:

Older notifications

The nss and zn_poly packages requires manual intervention:
https://www.archlinux.org/news/nss3511-1-and-lib32-nss3511-1-updates-require-manual-intervention/
https://www.archlinux.org/news/zn_poly-092-2-update-requires-manual-intervention/

The packages hplip and firewalld requires manual intervention:
https://www.archlinux.org/news/hplip-3203-2-update-requires-manual-intervention/
https://www.archlinux.org/news/firewalld081-2-update-requires-manual-intervention/

Package changes: (Wed Jul 15 20:52:37 CEST 2020)

• arm-stable community aarch64: 1847 new and 1731 removed package(s)
  • arm-stable core aarch64: 39 new and 42 removed package(s)
  • arm-stable extra aarch64: 633 new and 633 removed package(s)

Package list was too long for this post, but it can be viewed here

Testers needed on arm-testing branch
We are in need of testers for our arm-testing and arm-unstable branches.
So if you are adventurous and want newer software quicker, we would love for you to help us test out the new packages in arm-testing branch.

All you have to do to switch to this branch is:

• Edit /etc/pacman-mirrors.conf and change Branch = arm-stable to Branch = arm-testing.
  • Run this command: sudo pacman-mirrors -f5 && sudo pacman -Syyu. This will generate a new mirrorlist for you, sync your databases with the new mirror and update your system using the arm-testing branch.

We would then love for you to give feedback in our update posts in #manjaro-arm:arm-testing-updates. That way we can better find and fix bugs, before they hit arm-stable branch. Thank you!

• No issue, everything went smoothly
  • Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
  • Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)

0 voters

2 Likes

Known Issues and Solutions

This is a wiki post, please edit it when you find a solution to an issue you encountered

Plasma Mobile Keyboard
The plasma mobile onscreen keyboard does not work with QT 5.15.0.
There currently is no fix to this. :frowning:

PinePhone uboot
This update to the PinePhone Uboot package (2020.04-2), changed how the DTS is loaded from the kernel, since the Kernel DTS for the Pinephone also changed. When doing this update on the PinePhone images from Alpha5 and back, please make this change to the /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf before rebooting:

• sun50i-a64-pinephone.dtb to sun50i-a64-pinephone-1.2.dtb
  • root=LABEL=ROOT to root=LABEL=ROOT_MNJRO
Old Issues

Manual interventions:
The nss and zn_poly packages prior to version 3.51.1-1 and version 0.9.2-2 respectively, were missing a soname link each. This has been fixed in 3.51.1-1 and 0.9.2-2 of these packages, so the upgrade will need to overwrite the untracked files created by ldconfig. If you get any of these errors

nss: /usr/lib/p11-kit-trust.so exists in filesystem
zn_poly: /usr/lib/libzn_poly-0.9.so  exists in filesystem

when updating, use

pacman -Syu --overwrite /usr/lib/p11-kit-trust.so --overwrite /usr/lib/libzn_poly-0.9.so

to perform the upgrade.

Device stopped booting after Uboot update
The uboot update included a change to the extlinux.conf file. This change will be incompatible with the old 1 partition layout of some devices.
So if you are updating installs made with images 20.02.1 or older, you need to apply this fix before rebooting!
To fix this please edit your /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf file and add 2 periods in front of each first slash, like so:

KERNEL ../Image
FDT ../dtbs/ #etc.
APPEND initrd=../initramfs-linux.img #etc.

Save the file and reboot.

spyder can't be launched. I get the following output when attempting to launch it from the terminal:

qt.glx: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
qt.glx: qglx_findConfig: Failed to finding matching FBConfig for QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags<QSurfaceFormat::FormatOption>(), depthBufferSize -1, redBufferSize 1, greenBufferSize 1, blueBufferSize 1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize -1, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::SingleBuffer, swapInterval 1, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile  QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
Could not initialize GLX
zsh: abort (core dumped)  spyder

It's a known issue with Spyder on ARM. :frowning:

Hi,

Odroid c2 up to date, no kde issue, the DE reboot with the CLI but not with the GUI.

Odroid n2 (19.08 & 20.07) up to date, no kde issue, the DE reboot with the CLI and with the GUI.
The Odroid n2 blue led is now blinking with the 20.07 version.

Enjoy.

Pinebook Pro; Plasma has an odd graphical bug (the pixely outline/frame): https://i.imgur.com/aYqrTTs.png

Other than that this update appears OK.

1 Like

Hello!

I'm on the XFCE version. I just noticed that pacman -Syu suddenly wants to install more than 70 separate package updates.

Is this because of the Stable update, or something else? I just clean installed 20.06 a couple of weeks ago...

This seems to be an issue with Panfrost, and will likely be fixed in a mesa update at some point.

Yes. I just released a new stable update, so that would be why you have a bunch of updates. :slight_smile: You can follow the update announcements in #manjaro-arm:arm-stable-updates.

Thanks, @Strit. :slight_smile:

I didn't realize what those announcements were before--I saw KDE Plasma in the topic and figured they didn't apply to the XFCE distro. Oops.

Edit: Done. Everything looks fine on reboot.

The package manager taskbar icon is a little grainy on KDE.

Does sleep now work on the Pinebook Pro? I just tested it and it appears to. Also, has work been done on the keyboard drivers? I no longer appear to be getting key presses registered as double presses (he says, tentatively).

On my PineBookPro systemd-swap now fails with this in dmeg: "zswap: compressor zlo-rle not available". Changed the config to use lz4.

After changing the zswap compression the service failed to start, with this message: "ERRO: swapfc_frequency is not set to a valid integer value: 1s". I deleted the "s" to create a valid integer value from the previously-working swap.conf so it now reads "swapfc_frequency=1".

These two changes seem to have given me a working swap config now.

This is pbp. Update, installed lxde, xfce which work
I knew that I should wait on the update, now I only have sddm and, luckily, a vt
But I still have no X, enter my password, and nothing happens
Partly my fault, the update is so slow, went to sleep and would not wake
So, after an hour hard power off. Since the db would not open, eventually deleted lock file
The error msg could be better. Tried to finish update, no wifi (all in vt)
The usual nmcli wouldn't work, had to do "nmcli con up -a"
A systemd thing I think. So, after update finished, still same,,
sddm won't do anything after password, there is vt access (all buttons in sddm functional)
journald is not all that helpfull
Suggestions?
--edit-- also xorg.log, many complaints about fbturbo, last line EE about authorization file that exists,, /var/run/sddm/longHexNumber
Curious, blank entry in sddm for plasma, openbox and kde/openbox not working

A bit more,, /usr/bin/startplasma-* are zero length files, this can't be right
jounalctl in red
Failed to find command for session "/usr/share/xsession/plasma-desktop"
this is also a zero length file

All next are pacman commands, due to disgusting password cannot copy and paste
-F /usr/bin/startplasma-x11 = extra/plasma-workspace 5.19.3-1
-Ql plasma-workspace |grep start = nothing
-F /usr/share/xsession/plasma.desktop = nothing
-Qkk plasma-workspace = error ..../mtree: unrecognized archive format
plasma-workspace: no mtree file
So.... is it broken locally or remotely?
--edit-- and how to overwrite, I have not been able to get syntax right
--again-- there is a reinstall button on pamac, works
curious that a damaged package slipped thru
Now, filesystem littered with *.old files

Forum kindly sponsored by