Audio on 2010 27" iMac sounds tinny/thin

Hi there, I'm a brand new user of Manjaro and am trying to fix some issues I've been having right from the start. I'm currently using a 2010 27" iMac, and just got a dual boot of macOS and Manjaro running.

Right from the beginning, the audio quality on Manjaro has been much thinner and tinnier than it sounds on macOS. I spent a while trying to find a fix with one of my friends, and after a while came across this.

One thing I noticed right off the bat is that it's my exact issue: the audio sounds thin and tinny. I also noticed that it only has fixes for the iMac 20" and 24" models, the 7,1 model, and the 2011 27" model.

I tried the fixes for the 27" and 20"/24" models, and neither of them worked. I came here to ask if anyone knew the model identifier for the 2010 27" model. I really hope that there is a fix for it, but I can probably deal with it if there is none. Thanks for any help in advance! I may be missing some info, so feel free to ask.

Hello,
That is iMac11,3
Not sure if that will help with the sound ...

Thanks for the reply! I also tried index=11,3 because it worked with macbooks, and that didn't work either.

If you can't find a model for the kernel module to work, try to adjust the sound through an equalizer. Try PulseEffects.

1 Like

You will not get any kind of Bass with dinky little speakers,unless they are on or in your ears. Open air speakers need to move large amounts of air to produce Bass sounds in your ears.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by