I don't particularly like virtualization, therefore I'm not very good with it. Now I'm in a new situation, where I would like to run virtualized manjaro on Windows host for actual production work. I'm more familiar with virtualbox, but I also got a VMware workstation license from work.
So far both options have some issues:
- VMSVGA doesn't work with the guest utils in the repos, they need to be compiled manually to resize display
- shared clipboard doesn't work
- hot corners don't wotk unless I disable mouse integration (makes sense)
- performance can be spotty
- multiple monitors are a pain to setup on every boot (windows host issue)
- cannot set the correct aspect ratio for my display. There is an option for it but it does not work I have to choose between wasting screen space with black bars and having stretched display
- hot corners don't work and I haven't found a way to work around it
- performance seems slightly better than with virtualbox
Does anyone have any opinions on virtualization or tips on improving the experience?