BlueProximity fails to lock because gnome-screensaver-command has now become legacy, new command?

Hi guys,
I installed blueproximity on my laptop to unlock it using my phone. I ran into a problem: blueproximity uses gnome-screensaver-command to lock and unlock the computer which is not installed by default. It is marked as a legacy (gnome-screensaver package) in the package manager. I couldn't find it on the web or on any other forums. Somebody on a forum suggested someone else that they should install that legacy package which has the command. I think it is a good idea to avoid legacy software. Does anyone know the new command to lock the screen?
Thanks,
Sid

Super+L
or by other descriptions
Meta+L
aka
Winkey+L
Hope this helps.

@bogdancovaciu Thanks for your reply. I'm looking for a command which can be entered on the terminal. That command needs to be copied in the BlueProximity config file. The Super+L shortcut won't work.

So, you referred to the terminal command, not just the command (aka shortcut). :slight_smile:

dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.gnome.ScreenSaver /org/gnome/ScreenSaver org.gnome.ScreenSaver.Lock

Oh yeah, sorry, I wanted terminal command. Also it'll help if you can tell me the terminal command for unlocking.
Thanks!

You could try

dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.gnome.ScreenSaver /org/gnome/ScreenSaver org.gnome.ScreenSaver.Unlock

or maybe needs this

dbus-send --session --dest=org.gnome.ScreenSaver --type=method_call --print-reply --reply-timeout=20000 /org/gnome/ScreenSaver org.gnome.ScreenSaver.SetActive boolean:false

Never tested them myself, just the lock :slight_smile:

Second command worked. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by