Boot drive not being detected by BIOS, even though it was with windows installed.

So, I finally made the leap and upgraded to an NVME M.2 boot disc, I installed the dreaded Win10 for dual booting and that worked just like you'd expect. Then after that I tried to set up the dual boot and after there was no boot device detected, so I tried just a nuke and pave and installed only Manjaro. Still no luck unfortunately. Here's the kicker though, if I use my Manjaro USB drive and select the Detect EFI I can get into my install just fine. If I boot into my BIOS it doesn't even list my m.2 drive. Any idea what this funny business is? not a crippling issue but kinda ruins the fun of getting a fast new drive if i have to boot off usb lol

My mobo is an MSI b350 tomahawk if that matters.

For your MBO there is a new BIOS 2019-07-01 this has been installed?

Yeah, I just tried installing that. It lists the drive under the hardware overview, but not as one of the bootable drives, neither on uefi or legacy boot mode

Is there a setting for boot override?

Have you seen this article ?
[wiki] Windows 10 - Manjaro - Dual-boot - Step by Step

Well, im not dual booting anymore, ill be happy if i can get manjaro to start normally at all. There is a boot override but the only option under it is the uefi shell

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by