Boxy Font whilst uploading my profile picture to discord (New user)

I'm new to Linux (Installed yesterday), Trying to figure out what this issue Is and why It's taking place.
I'm not sure If It's an Installation issue or something.
Please help me out with a fix for this, It's really bothering me and literally unusable.
Thank you manjaro community!

Screenshot_2020-08-03_17-14-15

Welcome to the forum! :beer:

The first question to ask you is whether you've updated your system. There was a major update on the 19th of July, and the latest install images are not yet up-to-date.

So, if you haven't updated your system yet, open up a terminal window and issue the following command... :arrow_lower_left:

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 5 && sudo pacman -Syyu

This will take a long time, because as I said, this was a major update, covering many packages. Just let it finish, and then install the package ttf-dejavu, like so... :arrow_lower_left:

sudo pacman -S ttf-dejavu

Once that too has finished ─ it should only take a short time ─ you must reboot the system. However, because there has also been an additional update to GRUB ─ the boot loader ─ yesterday due to the Boot Hole vulnerability, and given that some people are experiencing boot problems after updating GRUB, we're going to take an extra step in preventing you from running into the same boot problem.

So, while you still have that terminal window open, issue the following two commands, and then you should be ready to go. :wink: :arrow_lower_left:

sudo grub-install --recheck --no-rs-codes
sudo update-grub

Now it should be safe to reboot. :wink:

:crossed_fingers:

Hello, I did as Instructed. Unfortunately, It's still the same. No difference has been made.
Am I doing something wrong?Screenshot_2020-08-03_18-03-10

The only thing I can still think of would be that you do not have the proper font packages installed. You indicate via your screen name that you are Asian, so make sure you have noto-fonts-cjk installed.

sudo pacman -S noto-fonts-cjk

You do not need to reboot after this, but you may have to restart Discord. :thinking:

Forum kindly sponsored by