Budgie-like quick launchers on LXQT panel.

Dear Community,

I hope you all are doing well these days.

I need you assistance here. I know it is not difficult for you experts.

I am GNOME user almost two years. But I recently switched to Manjaro LXQT since GNOME is heavy for this 'ancient' machine. Is there any way to make a task manager list on panel budgie-like, meaning you can set an icon as a launcher and minimize the app to the launcher itself???

Related to previous question, can someone briefly explain to me how LXQT or XFCE user quickly launches apps, I hope the quick launcher is not an answer. Although I see I can set quick launchers on both LXQT and XFCE, I find it ugly to have app launcher icon and the icon of launched apps together at same panel (duplicated). I may have wrong assumptions on how these DE's are meant to use since I am coming from GNOME and used to docker. Can someone shed some light on this question?

Also, I've seen people installing the dock on XFCE (which may be a solution), but I couldn't find any dock which works fine in LXQT.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Jasmin

The Super key or AltF2 then start typing.

Other possibilities are applications like ulauncher or albert

What do you mean?

Open the file manager click on applications.

1 Like

Thank you a lot, I really appreciate it. When I said 'I hope the quick launcher is not an answer' I should have been more clear, I meant quick launchers on the panel, I hoped it's not how do you launch apps, because it appears ugly to have a quick launcher icon and launched app icon at same panel, you literally have duplicates (so I was asking for the solution similar to budgie-like panel).

Thank you for clarifying how LXQT and XFCE are designed for use.

I believe you can go to settings in both xfce and lxqt and launch a second panel and use it as a dock by removing what you do not require.

1 Like

Yes that's true. I tried that. Still that doesn't solve the issue of minimizing the apps explained above.

Thank you for your message.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by