buildiso -p i3 fails?

Hi gang. I'm looking to customize a Manjaro i3 spin, and I'm running into an issue early on.

I followed the Build Manjaro ISOs wiki and was working with the recommended iso-profiles. I also referenced Philip's video guide and managed to build an xfce. KDE also seemed to work, but I killed the process halfway through.

However, running buildiso -p i3 immediately gave me this error

[sudo] password for bestfriend:
 --> Profile: [i3]
 --> detected: user-repos.conf
  -> parsing repo [online-repo] ...
==> Start building [i3]
==> Cleaning up ...
  -> Deleting chroot [rootfs] (x86_64) ...
  -> Deleting isoroot [iso] ...
 --> Loading Packages: [Packages-Root] ...
==> Prepare [Base installation] (rootfs)
 --> mirror: https://manjaro.moson.eu/stable/$repo/$arch
==> Creating install root at /var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/i3/x86_64/rootfs
  -> Installing packages to /var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/i3/x86_64/rootfs
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core                                171.4 KiB   367 KiB/s 00:00 [###################################] 100%
 extra                              2012.2 KiB  4.03 MiB/s 00:00 [###################################] 100%
 community                             6.1 MiB  11.6 MiB/s 00:01 [###################################] 100%
 multilib                            195.2 KiB  63.5 MiB/s 00:00 [###################################] 100%
error: could not open file /var/lib/manjaro-tools/buildiso/i3/x86_64/rootfs/var/lib/pacman/sync/online-repo.db: Unrecognized archive format
error: failed to prepare transaction (invalid or corrupted database)
==> ERROR: Failed to install packages to new root
==> ERROR: Failed to install all packages

Any suggestions? Thanks!

edit: This error is with the stock settings for the i3 iso. My changes will eventually be to add packages to Packages-Desktop some dotfiles and themes to /etc/skel/ .

Hi,

some links here

Please remove or rename the file user-repos.conf - it is in your profile folder.

Don't add it until you have actually setup a custom repo.

1 Like

Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by