Bumblebee conflict problem

Hello everyone I try to install the non-free nvidia drivers to run games correctly with the command:

'sudo mhwd -a pci nonfree 0300'

But each time I get the return:
'> Using config 'video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime' for device: 0000:00:02.0 (0300:8086:3e9b) Display controller Intel Corporation UHD Graphics 630 (Mobile)
Error: config 'video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime' conflicts with config(s): video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-430xx-bumblebee'

which prevents me from installing what I want and when I try to uninstall Bumblebee driver it comes out:

'Starting

Removing video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-430xx-bumblebee...
Using default
Has lib32 support: true
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/local/pci/video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-430xx-bumblebee/MHWDCONFIG
Processing classid: 0300
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/scripts/include/0300
libkmod: kmod_config_parse: /etc/modprobe.d/nvidia.conf line 1: ignoring bad line starting with 'NVreg_DynamicPowerManagement=0x02'
Failed to disable unit: Unit file bumblebeed.service does not exist.
Failed to stop bumblebeed.service: Unit bumblebeed.service not loaded.
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: removing linux55-bbswitch breaks dependency 'linux55-bbswitch' required by linux-latest-bbswitch
:: removing linux55-nvidia-430xx breaks dependency 'linux55-nvidia-430xx' required by linux-latest-nvidia-430xx
Error: pacman failed!
Error: script failed!
'

help me please i can't take it anymore

I'm no expert with graphics, or anything for that matter, but maybe try uninstalling linux-latest-bbswitch and linux-latest-nvidia-430xx first.

Just in case you haven't read it:

You have installed 'linux-latest' and its accompanying module packages
(linux-latest-nvidia-430xx & linux-latest-bbswitch).
Remove that stuff and carry on.
(make sure you do have some kernel installed though :wink:)

2 Likes

It works well thanks lot <3 3 days i've crawl all internet to this solution x)

You're welcome :smile:

Do you know that video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime allows you for more than bumblebee?

Basically what it does, it makes the desktop run on Intel but has also Nvidia powered on and you can access it by adding environmental variable:

__NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD=1 __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=nvidia

This works identical as on bumblebee, so instead primusrun appname, you just use the above command with appname, like:

__NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD=1 __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=nvidia steam

but you won't have bumblebee limitations.

There are pros and cons of each solution. Your current (assuming you haven't installed bumblebee yet) setup allows you for full usage of Nvidia, so Vulkan is working, With bumblebee Vulkan is not eligible, so Proton games will have to use DX9 with opengl, so basically the old wine way of launching games. Many modern games like Witcher 3 won't run at all and so on.
The con of your current hybrid mode is: nvidia is powered on so it drains energy (bad for laptop using battery) all the time, even if you are not using Nvidia. Secondary monitors also won't work.

Bumblebee is basically an obsolete solution that has little point with DXVK/Proton solutions.

If you want to manage your GPUs and energy, use either optimus-manager or optimus-switch:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by