Cannot access to AUR (pacaur or website)

Hello,

I have a very weird issue on my Manjaro installation. I cannot access to aur, either through pacaur or the website. When I access through pacaur, I get this:

[eduardo@hp ~]$ pacaur -Su
:: Starting full system upgrade...
 there is nothing to do
:: Starting AUR upgrade...
:: Failed to parse JSON
:: Failed to parse JSON
:: automoc4 is not present in AUR -- skipping
...

When I access to aur.archlinux.org through the web browser (I've tried Firefox and Chromium, also the privates modes), I get

503 - Service Unavailable
Don't panic! This site is down due to maintenance. We will be back soon.

It is happening for several weeks already (I've even tried VPN). In the beginning, I thought it was actual maintenance, but after several weeks and also, by trying today on the same network on a different computer also running an updated instance of manjaro, I found it very weird.

What do you think it could be happening? Could it be some kind of malware? I don't know what to think, so strange...

Thanks

As I understand it ─ although I could of course be remembering things wrongly ─ the AUR was recently moved to a new server. So you'll have to sync the servers first. Try... :arrow_down:

pacaur -Syyu

Personally, I have no experience with pacaur. I use yay or trizen as AUR helpers, and I've updated two AUR packages last night without any problem. Your mileage may vary. :wink:

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks for you answer. I tried before by a complete sync. It didn't change anything.

The thing is that I cannot even access through Firefox on that computer...

1 Like

I can, so try refreshing your cache with a CTRL+F5.

1 Like

Well, if you're on KDE Plasma and you have more than four virtual desktops, then that's not going to work, because by default, Plasma assigns Ctrl+F{1..12} to virtual desktop switching. So in that case, using the rodent is easier. :stuck_out_tongue:

Superfluous information for those concerned about animal welfare

→ That's a :computer_mouse:, not a :mouse2:.

:crazy_face:

1 Like

Could be a DNS cache issue, see if you get similar result to this:

$ dig aur.archlinux.org

; <<>> DiG 9.16.4 <<>> aur.archlinux.org
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 46483
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 3, ADDITIONAL: 5

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;aur.archlinux.org.		IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
aur.archlinux.org.	16828	IN	A	95.216.144.15

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
archlinux.org.		16828	IN	NS	robotns2.second-ns.de.
archlinux.org.		16828	IN	NS	ns1.first-ns.de.
archlinux.org.		16828	IN	NS	robotns3.second-ns.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.first-ns.de.	16828	IN	A	213.239.242.238
robotns2.second-ns.de.	16828	IN	A	213.133.105.6
robotns3.second-ns.com.	16828	IN	A	193.47.99.3
robotns3.second-ns.com.	16828	IN	AAAA	2001:67c:192c::add:a3
1 Like

Thanks for all the tips. I have tried with dig and I got this:

[eduardo@hp ~]$ dig aur.archlinux.org

; <<>> DiG 9.16.4 <<>> aur.archlinux.org
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 51403
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;aur.archlinux.org.             IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
aur.archlinux.org.      86400   IN      A       95.216.144.15

;; Query time: 116 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.0.1#53(192.168.0.1)
;; WHEN: jue ago 06 23:16:24 CEST 2020
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 62

It seems different from what you got

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by