Cannot get printer at work to function correctly

I'm trying to get this printer to function at my workplace, but I can't get it to print anything but random signs and gibberish :unamused:

The printer is an Nashuatec (or Ricoh?) Aficio MP C2500. It's a wireless connection, and I'm able to find the printer over the network. I've tried to use the PPD-drivers from this website to get it up and running, but alas it prints nothing but random numbers and gibberish. I'm on the 4.19 LTS kernel. I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong on the driver-side of things, but I'm completely at a loss on how I can fix this. If you need any more info, please ask and I'll do my best to provide it!

If I'm able to get it running, it would be the organizations first introduction to a Linux-PC :smile: The PC is kind of old, and will mainly be used for printing and web-surfing, so I'm sure they'll be more than happy with the system itself. It's a lot faster now than with the Windows 7 it was using earlier, that's for sure.

The only thing I found was this on AUR, openprinting-ppds-postscript-ricoh which is supposed to work for all their PostScript printers.
There's a few Ricoh drivers on AUR. Try searching for ricoh and they'll all show up. Maybe if that one doesn't work you can get a different one to work.

I searched for a bit looking for stuff but either I'm terrible at searching or this is the biggest PITA Printer ever made. :wink:

1 Like

I'll take a look in the AUR then, when I get back to work :smile: I've got to try anything I can get my hands on. Tnx for the tip!

Btw, how do I know if the printer is PostScript etc? Is PostScript the most common printer-language out there or something like that?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by