Cannot Set Firefox File Chooser to Native KDE Plasma File Chooser

I'm using this official Wiki documentation in order to get it working, but Firefox keeps using GTK file chooser.

I have installed xdg-desktop-portal and xdg-desktop-portal-kde packages and even tried to execute GTK_USE_PORTAL=1 firefox on terminal but no luck. The only thing different is Firefox keeps asking to set as default browser when I start it.

What should I do to use native KDE file chooser?

Environment

• Manjaro KDE 18.0.4
  • Firefox 68.0.1
  • Plasma Integration Extension for Firefox 1.5
  • xdg-desktop-portal 1.4.2-1
  • xdg-desktop-portal-kde 5.16.3-1

You need to also install the Plasma Integration extension.

1 Like
1 Like

@Aragorn and @SGS , oddly I have it. Thanks for mentioning though, I forgot to add it to the post.

The problem still persists though.

2 Likes

Alternatively, you could also use @anon23612428's Plasmafox. It's fully integrated with Plasma ─ including the Global Menu support ─ and it's also more privacy-focused than vanilla Firefox. :wink:

1 Like

I like the plasmafox logo :smiley: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So do I, actually. :slight_smile: You wouldn't happen to have had anything to do with its creation, would you? :eyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Right, I did it, no wonder I liked it. :smiley:

1 Like

I prefer to add:

export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH="/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins"
export GTK_USE_PORTAL=1

in /etc/profile.d/mozilla-common.sh
restart session and the KDE Plasma file picker should work.

4 Likes

OP is gone :wink:
@erayerdin
Please mark it solved by @bogdancovaciu if this was the solution.
Happy Weekend. :slight_smile:
:wine_glass:

1 Like

Strange, I haven't gone to anywhere. Just went to a convenience store (to buy something and give you guys some time). Well, I will try @bogdancovaciu's solution first then Plasmafox.

2 Likes

Ok, I have only restarted my machine and it worked, it needs a restart. Wish they would edit the wiki about this. Thanks for you guys' help. Definitely will try Plasmafox btw, I would like to have some global menu.

@SGS @bogdancovaciu and @Aragorn

By the way, the only thing that bugs me out is that Firefox constantly shows a dialog to set it as default browser but I think I can live with that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by