Cannot use external monitor with hybrid drivers and cannot use laptop monitor with only nvidia drivers

Hi, I recently installed Manjaro, installed nvidia nonfree drivers and everything appeared to be working fine until I tried to connect to an external monitor. At the moment I had installed the hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime driver intalled and with that when I connect the monitor nvidia detects it in nvidia-settings but xrandr shows only the integrated screen eDP-1.

Tried installing the nvidia-440xx driver (not hybrid) and could only use anm external monitor, laptop screen stayed at the HP logo.

Tried installing the bumblebee drivers (418xx and 430xx) and didn't boot.

When using free drivers (video-linux) both displays recognized but cannot use the power of the NVidia to play games or anything else.

Also tried adding the monitor, device and screen to the xorg.conf file generated by nvidia but couln't boot.

Tried with kernel 5.4, 5.6 and 5.7

Can anyone help use my laptop screen, be able to connect to an external monitor and being able to use NVidia to play games without having to change the drivers each time?
I have an HP Pavilion Gaming 15 with an intel i5-9300H (Intel UHD 630 GPU) and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650.

Here is some hopefully usefull info about my device (installed drivers, available drivers, etc)
GPU-Info

Hi, probably you missed this

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I had been looking a lot and hadn't seen that, it worked, thanks a lot!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by