Can't connect to WiFi after installing

Good evening everyone

My name is Julian and I just installed Linux manjaro (dual boot) on my notebook. It's basically the first time I'm trying to use Linux. Problem is I can't connect to my WiFi. When I hover my mouse over the small icon in the bottom right corner it says that there are no networks available. I also checked manjaro settings to see if it recognizes my hardware but it doesn't recognise anything. Doesn't matter if I select mass storage controller, network controller or anything else. It always tells me unknown device (Intel corporation). Does someone know how I can fix that?

I already ran inxi - Fxx in the terminal. It says for network:

Device: Intel driver: iwlwifi v: Kernel port: f000 bus ID: 00:0c.0 chip ID: 8086:31dc
IF: wlo1 state: down and my mac address

If somebody could help me out how to fix that would be awesome!

Test alternate kernels.

1 Like

How do I do that? I don't really know much about Linux

1 Like

That doesn't work cause I can't download any kernels neither install them :confused:

Android usb tethering or an ethernet cable.

3 Likes

it worked via Android usb tethering thanks for the suggestion! Completly forgot about that! After i got finally a stable internet connection i could update the kernel and everything. Now everything works fine :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by