Can't get any WiFi

Trying it out, I'll tell you if it works

Also how do I uninstall my network drivers

I don't have any idea as you would have been the one who installed them (if at all).

Did you install any realtek drivers from outside sources?

No, it came when I got the computer

Then simply follow my install instructions if you haven't installed drivers from github.

1 Like

I got a network adapter and I thought I might try to get it to work on linux

How do I get the network adapter to work?

You have posted no command outputs of your installation.

I'm not present at your computer, so without proper outputs in text format (not pics) it's impossible to say.

Obvious is obvious.

1 Like

Please do not open duplicate help requests on the same issue. That is against the forum rules.

Got it.

Here is all the info I got.

Can't read pics I'm only on my phone.

Use Android phone tethering for a temporary working connection to properly post outputs and download required packages.

Aparrently you missed my entire first post, so I will repost it again:

You can use USB phone tethering to start posting your terminal outputs as text.

USB Android phone tethering

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Android_tethering#USB_tethering

Please format any terminal output with three ``` backticks before and after, as shown in this picture:

Please read this thread on how to post required information properly:

1 Like

I didn't miss your first post, i just don't like how slow it is with tethering.

This is the last post. I need help on getting my wifi to work and the tethering is slow, I'm gonna switch to Fedora if no one finds a good solution

Here is a fully comprehensive guide to installing Realtek drivers from the AUR. If you can't figure it out with all those details I don't know what else can be done for you.

Tethering is only used as a temporary connection to post terminal outputs or install packages. I fail to see why you need a fast connection to post an output only kbs in size. A dial up connection will suffice to post a few terminal outputs. This isn't rocket science I've asked you to perform.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

horrible help. 22 hours installing fedora it is

You can delete your prior posts docta_elmo, but your post history still remains for others to view. You think you have received "horrible help" on the Manjaro forum.

You were given excellent help. Unfortunately, it is impossible to help those who are unwilling to help themselves. You will not find a more thorough guide to installing Realtek drivers from the AUR than the guide I have written.

If you are incapable of following an in depth detailed step by step guide, that is your failing (not the Manjaro forums).

Bye, bye and enjoy Fedora it is an excellent distro. :wave:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by