Can't get any WiFi

I recently install Manjaro on my computer, and I can't get any wifi, it keeps saying no network devices avaliable, I'm completely new to Linux and switched from windows, I'm using LXDE and my computer had UEFI and is an HP Pavillion x36015836331710127500562961506580195

1 Like

Could you post the output of the command inxi -zxxN please?

2 Likes

You can use USB phone tethering to start posting your terminal outputs as text.

USB Android phone tethering

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Android_tethering#USB_tethering

Please format any terminal output with three ``` backticks before and after, as shown in this picture:

Please read this thread on how to post required information properly:

2 Likes

Oh no... the forum is now threads of replies saying how to provide useful information... :rofl:

I bet it still won't help. :joy:

5 Likes

Does the laptop have a hardware switch (or keybinding) for enabling/disabling wifi? - a place to start.

1 Like

There is a option for network boot

Network booting wouldn't be the issue. The ability to enable airplane mode is apparent in the picture you posted. Ensure that this feature hasn't been invoked. Also, some laptops have a physical switch to enable or disable wi-fi. Hence, the reason I asked. If those possibilities are ruled out, I suggest that you respond to @Takei's request. This will provide folks with much needed information.

1 Like

I did and it said 'Realtek pcie wireless network

Sorry, but you're missing the point. @Takei's message to you:

1 Like

Install kernel 5.5 and reboot.

Uninstall any other realtek wifi drivers you have installed and then while on kernel 5.5 do:

sudo pacman -S $(pacman -Qsq "^linux" | grep "^linux[0-9]*[-rt]*$" | awk '{print $1"-headers"}' ORS=' ')
sudo pacman -S pamac-cli --needed && pamac build rtl8821ce-dkms-git

Reboot.

1 Like

Trying it out, I'll tell you if it works

Also how do I uninstall my network drivers

I don't have any idea as you would have been the one who installed them (if at all).

Did you install any realtek drivers from outside sources?

No, it came when I got the computer

Then simply follow my install instructions if you haven't installed drivers from github.

1 Like

I got a network adapter and I thought I might try to get it to work on linux

How do I get the network adapter to work?

You have posted no command outputs of your installation.

I'm not present at your computer, so without proper outputs in text format (not pics) it's impossible to say.

Forum kindly sponsored by