Can't get manjaro to boot after installation

Greetings everyone,
I just bought a new computer and I'm trying to accomplish a dual boot.
It was working fine with windows on an ssd and linux on a hard drive, I decided to upgrade to an ssd for linux too.
Installation seems to go just fine, but I just can't get my system to boot from the linux hard drive.

I can provide the list of components, but I wouldn't know what kind of other info I should provide, so if I should give any other piece of info please ask, until then, here's the parts I have:

MOBO: MSI X570-A PRO
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT OC
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX, 32 GB (4 X 8 GB), DDR4

Hello there!

Did you search the forum yet? There is plenty of information on that topic.

Maybe this [HowTo] Dual-boot Manjaro - Windows 10 - Step by Step is helpful for you.

In general, to make it easier for others to help you, you might be interested in How to provide good information in your posts

Hi highflyer, I didn't look in the forum specifically but I did use google, the things that seemed to be related didn't help, but I will check out the links you suggested, thank you for your time!

No problem. This forum is really nice and also provides good searching tools. I really enjoy it.

Try installing refind. It has worked wonders for me on my dual boot (MacOS and Linux) computer. Also make sure windows is installed in UEFI mode.

I believe I got it to work.

The issue was that my bios had a boot submenu. I had to pick if I wanted to give priority to uefi or something else and then check the uefi submenu, that's where I could give priority to my linux drive rather than the windows one. Thank you all for answering!

EDIT: Though I may still install refind at some point, it looks pretty.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by