Can't get to grub menu after installation

I installed Manjaro onto an NVMe drive using KDE 19.0.2 live boot, but, after installing, I can't get grub to show up, so I can't boot. I'm on a ThinkPad E485 and I installed using the graphical tool.

I can chroot into the installation, so I'm relatively sure the only problem is GRUB/EFI. When I look at the /boot/efi folder using the live drive, it appears empty, but I believe that's because of user safety restrictions.

Secure boot is off, I have tried with UEFI, legacy mode, and both, and I've tried reinstalling multiple times, but nothing has worked so far. I'm not very experienced with GRUB or EFI so any help would be appreciated.

I've also getting this error massage before when boot into grub "Grub v2.xx minimal bash...", this guide help me fix the problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7meKJsjqfY and also this might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnXI79j8iis

When starting up computer, keep tapping 'esc' key and see if grub appears.
This is the manjaro default settings to hide grub menu,
Standard grub default is to make menu appear, manjaro makes the default hidden.

Now, if you can boot to Manjaro, print out output of

sudo parted -l
sudo blkid
cat /etc/fstab
efibootmgr -v

parted -l --> small 'L', all disks output, all output.

If you cannot boot to manjaro, boot up livecd and provide info above, except need the installed manjaro OS /etc/fstab, so use the file manager to provide that.

ps: if you can, use [Booting using Kernels] to boot up to manjaro.

Manjaro hiding the grub menu was the whole issue. I needed to set a couple custom perameters for booting because Lenovo forked this ThinkPad model for Linux. Thanks!

Or cause many to think it's other issues. And that is worse. And very bad.
And we do bad things for personal gains, not for the common good.
Anyway, to make menu appear, comment out GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE= in /etc/default/grub and do 'update-grub'

I have the same problem as op, i will try the ESC key.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by