cant install manjaro (when i click boot manjaro it goes to a black screen black and stops reading the flash drive)

I cant seem to get manjaro to install or ubuntu and Zen installer for arch and when i download the older version of manjaro it worked and for the newer version of manjaro when i click boot manjaro it goes to a black screen black and stops reading the flash drive I've tried non free and free driver

specs

CPU: i5 7600k

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb

Motherboard: msi camo squad z270

For problematic hardware Architect is usually a great choice.
Its a CLI installer .. but its very intuitive and basically walks you through point-by-point.
There are also a handful of tutorials around with screenshots and all that if needed.

(one of the reasons its helpful is that since it boots an installer without a desktop .. it doesnt matter if your initial gfx isnt working .. you can still use the installer and select the right drivers, etc)

1 Like

can you tell

• version iso
  • how did you create your USB iso ?

-i used the latest version when it didn't work and i used [ 17.1.12] when it worked but the packman
ring keys didn't work and i used Rufus to make it along withbalenaEtcher when it wouldn't boot right the first time for the latest iso file of manjaro

try with ventoy

ok thanks ill try it

it didn't work

recheck all options in Bios

• secure boot disable
  • fastboot disable
  • csm disable
  • legacy disable
  • UEFI on only or others ( not windows )
  • disks on AHCI if possible GPT
  • keep USB mass storage on

It didn’t work I should mention I was just able to get Linux fedora to boot with kernel 5.6.6

Architect didn’t work same problem

If you cant even boot a CLI image I am thinking its some other problem like your USB or the way you are writing the image.

I can verify its not the USB or the image, I made one myself and checked on my machine. Works fine on mine but not his. For some reason older images work fine but nothing recent.

As Eric 5949 saidI can verify its not the USB or the image, I made one myself and checked on my machine. Works fine on mine but not his. For some reason older images work fine but nothing recent.

I think you should use mbr partitioning,
You should also check for bad blocks (specially while using PNY devices)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by