Can't LogIn after Update

Hello everyone. I'm new to Manjaro. I just have updated all packages using Pamac-Manager. And now, I can't login. I mean, when I press the "Log In" button, I see black screen, and then again the login dialog. I tried to login through TTY, and I managed to do It(it means that password is correct). But I still can't Log In through UI.

P.s I can Log In in Root account.

I would be grateful for any help.

1 Like

Try logging into the TTY (as your user account, not root) and update again by running:

sudo pacman -Syyu

Enter your user password when prompted. Then reboot (by running reboot). Does that help?

No, some packages now are up-to-date, but problem still not solved.
And yeah, thank you for your help.

That sucks. Well, you're going to have to provide some information about your specific case. Use this guide:

Since you're in a TTY, it's going to be difficult to copy and paste stuff here, so use pastebin:

Give it a shot, and try out ?

But the OP can use the TTY, if I'm not mistaken, it's just the graphical session that seems to be broken.

The AMDGPU part was missing polaris firmware in my case. The screen was black, but i did log in in TTY 2 (blind) and saved a dmesg dump where was note of missing firmware.

1 Like

Same happened to me here. After todays update whenever I login in kde with my user the interface freezes. Tried to create a new user, no juice. Currently logged as root here.

inxi -Fxzc0 here

Okay the culpirit is KDE just installed Cinammon and X server is oki. SOmething is broken between KDE session and normal users. But im not on the mood the debug.

1 Like

I removed KDE and reinstalled it now it is all oki.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by