Can't seem to run Snapd

I have installed snap but can't run it or install other packages. Here is the following error I am getting.

sudo snap refresh                                                      
error: too early for operation, device not yet seeded or device model not acknowledged
sudo snap install bitwarden journey mailspring                                                                                 
error: cannot install "bitwarden", "journey", "mailspring": cannot refresh, install, or download:
       soft-expired device authorization needs refresh
1 Like

@jonathon Maestro any help?

I've uploaded 2.37.4 to unstable to see if that will help.

why dont you just drop it

Maybe a stupid question, but you mentioned you installed snapd. But did you activate/start the service too?

Yes. I have. I followed arch wiki to start and enable the service.

1 Like

I am using package from the aur. Currently using arch linux. Should I download the package from manjaro mirror?

Oh.

That's key information which means an updated package for Manjaro won't make any difference whatsoever.

You are not the only one, try the solution described here:

2 Likes

I tried all of the solution and finally solved it. First Install the package jq from arch repo. Then execute the following commands. This should solve the problem.

$ systemctl stop snapd
$ sudo cat /var/lib/snapd/state.json | \
    jq 'delpaths([["data", "auth", "device"]])' > state.json-new
$ sudo cp state.json-new /var/lib/snapd/state.json
$ sudo systemctl start snapd

Thanks a lot for all the help. I found the link earlier but did not install the necessary package to execute it.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by