can't unmount /dev/loop0: invalid argument

Hello everyone,
I am facing an issue during the booting of Manjaro through a USB on an Asus laptop (ASUS VivoBook Pro 15 N580, CPU i7HQ).
Once selected the option to boot Manjaro from USB, the laptop prints several lines on the monitor until it prints the following:
umount: can't unmount /dev/loop3: Invalid argument
umount: can't unmount /dev/loop2: Invalid argument
umount: can't unmount /dev/loop1: Invalid argument
umount: can't unmount /dev/loop0: Invalid argument
umount: can't unmount /oldrun/miso/cowspace: Invalid argument
then it shuts down.

I have tried both booting options available for the booting (free(open source) or nonfree (proprietary) drivers ).

I have used BalenaEtcher for installing Manjaro on the USB and I've also tried with Rufus.

Has this ever happened to you? Any ideas on what could be 'causing the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Marco

i thought so, it's an optimus laptop (intel/nvidia hybrid)

when you boot with the nonfree option, does the laptop power itself down or does it just stop booting and hang there?

Bad news?

it shuts down on both cases, immediately after printing the messages that i shared in the question

since you mention in the previous thread you tried adding nomodeset, try these instead. only 1 line per boot

nouveau.blacklist=1 bbswitch.blacklist=1 nomodeset

acpi_osi=! acpi_osi=Linux nomodeset

acpi_osi=! acpi_osi='Windows 2015' nomodeset

try each with both free and nonfree driver options.

go back into your bios and make sure everything related to secure boot is actually disabled, storage set to "AHCI" and not raid, and disable fastboot

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by