Can't update (Invalid or corrupted package) but not related to keys?

Hi. I'm new here, but not new on linux. Only sort-of new on Arch-based and Manjaro.

Since today, I can't update anymore my laptop under manjaro after the manjaro-system package got updated. It says "Invalid or corrupted package" now, stopping at the moment when it looks at conflicts. (just before it normally shows the list of packages)

I used to got that in the past and I did the method to update the keyrings. But this time, it didn't changed anything and i keep getting this error even after updating the keyrings 5 times.

I tried all the methods Google suggested me. (updating the keyring, put siglevel on never,...) Nothing changed. After so many tries, i'm pretty sure it's not related to keys (it doesn't even say "(PGP signature)" with the error) And if it's a conflict, I can't tell because it doesn't give any details on conflicts, even in pacman.log (the last thing it says is "[PACMAN] starting full ystem upgrade") Though, strangely, i can seem to install packages. I just can't update them...

The only solution i'm thinking of is reformatting and reinstall manjaro with a more recent iso.

Am I the only one to get this error? Is there any other thing i missed that i can try?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english

you have not provided a lot of logs or terminal output, but from your description i guess that an update process of yours was messed up and now you have updated (and newer than already installed) packages in your cache, which are signed with an invalid key.
when you try to update, it does not download the latest packages for you (because they are already in your cache). but you are able to install other packages.

if my theory is right, the following command deletes all the packages in your cache, except the packages you have currently installed:
sudo pacman -Sc
(answer "yes" to all questions asked)

if this command is successful, try to run the next commands, which choose the fastest mirror for you (and redownload the previously deleted update packages) and update your system:
sudo pacman-mirrors -g && sudo pacman -Syyuu
(answer "yes" to all questions asked)

if these commands fail, please post your terminal output running these commands.

tried what you did, the commands were successful but still no update.

Alright, here are the logs. I hope you can read french (this is why i didn't posted them initially)...

[max@Rarity ~]$ sudo pacman -Sc
[sudo] Mot de passe de max : 
Paquets à conserver :
  Tous les paquets installés
Répertoire du cache : /var/cache/pacman/pkg/
:: Voulez-vous supprimer tous les autres paquets du cache ? [O/n] o
suppression des paquets obsolètes du cache...
Répertoire des dépôts : /var/lib/pacman/
:: Voulez-vous supprimer les dépôts non utilisés ? [O/n] o
suppression des dépôts synchronisés inutilisés...
[max@Rarity ~]$ sudo pacman-mirrors -g && sudo pacman -Syyuu
:: Interrogation des serveurs, cela peut prendre quelques temps...
France
-> 0.108 http://manjarolinux.polymorf.fr/stable/$repo/$arch
-> 0.078 http://mirror.lignux.com/manjaro/stable/$repo/$arch
-> 0.051 http://ftp.free.org/mirrors/repo.manjaro.org/repos/stable/$repo/$arch
:: Generated and saved '/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist' mirrorlist.
:: Synchronisation des bases de données de paquets...
 core                     139,1 KiB  1160K/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 extra                   1919,9 KiB  2,22M/s 00:01 [----------------------] 100%
 community                  4,1 MiB  2,14M/s 00:02 [----------------------] 100%
:: Début de la mise à jour complète du système...
erreur : l’ouverture du fichier /var/lib/pacman/local/gtk-sharp-2-2.12.29-1/desc a échoué : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
avertissement : menulibre : retourne à la version antérieure (1:2.1.0-1 => 2.1.3-1)
résolution des dépendances...
recherche des conflits entre paquets...
avertissement : les métadonnées pour le paquet gtk-sharp-2-2.12.29-1 n’ont pas pu être totalement chargées.
erreur : la préparation de la transaction a échoué (paquet invalide ou corrompu)

Note there's an error with gtk-sharp but i always had it since the fresh install and it didn't caused any problems other than this warning. There is also this strange error i got with menulibre but I got this for a long time and it never really affected updatings either.

Also: pacman.log:

[2016-11-14 18:01] [PACMAN] Running 'pacman -Syu'
[2016-11-14 18:01] [PACMAN] synchronizing package lists
[2016-11-14 18:01] [PACMAN] starting full system upgrade

the interesting part translated into english:

Error: Opening file /var/lib/pacman/local/gtk-sharp-2-2.12.29-1/desc failed: No file or folder of this type
Warning: menulibre: returns to the previous version (1: 2.1.0-1 => 2.1.3-1)
Resolution of dependencies ...
Search for conflicts between packets ...
Warning: The metadata for the gtk-sharp-2-2.12.29-1 package could not be fully loaded.
Error: preparation of transaction failed (invalid or corrupted packet)

i do not know what is going on on your system. this looks mysterious to me.

please wait for other forum members to read your post and recognize the problem. they might be able to help.

if nothing else helps, you can try the "fix pacman errors" option in pacli-simple. it fixes all the problems i have encountered in this forum over the years.

I know right? I don't get it at all... Usually I always manage to fix everything thanks to google or my own experience, but here i'm feeling disarmed :s

I'm gonna try pacli, see if it does any help. If it does any, i'll report here ^^

thanks.

if it does not help, can you post the output of it?

so far, correcting problems with pacli didn't done anything.

:: Interrogation des serveurs, cela peut prendre quelques temps...
France
-> 0.050 http://manjarolinux.polymorf.fr/stable/$repo/$arch
-> 0.093 http://mirror.lignux.com/manjaro/stable/$repo/$arch
-> 0.064 http://ftp.free.org/mirrors/repo.manjaro.org/repos/stable/$repo/$arch
:: Generated and saved '/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist' mirrorlist.
 core                     139,1 KiB  1676K/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 extra                   1919,9 KiB  1920K/s 00:01 [----------------------] 100%
 community                  4,1 MiB  2,12M/s 00:02 [----------------------] 100%
--2016-11-14 18:59:32--  http://mirror.netzspielplatz.de/manjaro/packages/stable/core/i686/gnupg-2.1.15-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz
Résolution de mirror.netzspielplatz.de (mirror.netzspielplatz.de)… 176.9.92.49
Connexion à mirror.netzspielplatz.de (mirror.netzspielplatz.de)|176.9.92.49|:80… connecté.
requête HTTP transmise, en attente de la réponse… 200 OK
Taille : 1963800 (1,9M) [text/plain]
Sauvegarde en : « gnupg-2.1.15-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz »
gnupg-2.1.15-1-i686 100%[===================>]   1,87M  2,08MB/s    in 0,9s
2016-11-14 18:59:33 (2,08 MB/s) — « gnupg-2.1.15-1-i686.pkg.tar.xz » sauvegardé [1963800/1963800]
chargement des paquets...
avertissement : gnupg-2.1.15-1 est à jour -- réinstalle
erreur : l’ouverture du fichier /var/lib/pacman/local/gtk-sharp-2-2.12.29-1/desc a échoué : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
Paquets (1) gnupg-2.1.15-1
Taille totale installée :     8,62 MiB
Taille de mise à jour nette :  0,00 MiB
:: Procéder à l’installation ? [O/n]
(1/1) vérification des clés dans le trousseau      [----------------------] 100%
(1/1) vérification de l’intégrité des paquets      [----------------------] 100%
(1/1) chargement des fichiers des paquets          [----------------------] 100%
(1/1) analyse des conflits entre fichiers          [----------------------] 100%
:: Traitement des changements du paquet...
(1/1) réinstallation gnupg                         [----------------------] 100%
:: Exécution des crochets de post-transaction...
(1/1) Updating the info directory file...
--2016-11-14 18:59:35--  http://mirror.netzspielplatz.de/manjaro/packages/stable/core/i686/archlinux-keyring-20161101-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
Connexion à mirror.netzspielplatz.de (mirror.netzspielplatz.de)|176.9.92.49|:80… connecté.
Taille : 612544 (598K) [text/plain]
Sauvegarde en : « archlinux-keyring-20161101-1-any.pkg.tar.xz »
archlinux-keyring-2 100%[===================>] 598,19K  1,78MB/s    in 0,3s
2016-11-14 18:59:35 (1,78 MB/s) — « archlinux-keyring-20161101-1-any.pkg.tar.xz » sauvegardé [612544/612544]
avertissement : archlinux-keyring-20161101-1 est à jour -- réinstalle
Paquets (1) archlinux-keyring-20161101-1
Taille totale installée :     0,80 MiB
(1/1) vérification des clés dans le trousseau      [----------------------] 100%
(1/1) vérification de l’intégrité des paquets      [----------------------] 100%
(1/1) chargement des fichiers des paquets          [----------------------] 100%
(1/1) analyse des conflits entre fichiers          [----------------------] 100%
(1/1) réinstallation archlinux-keyring             [----------------------] 100%
--2016-11-14 18:59:36--  http://mirror.netzspielplatz.de/manjaro/packages/stable/core/i686/manjaro-keyring-20160527-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
Taille : 60452 (59K) [text/plain]
Sauvegarde en : « manjaro-keyring-20160527-1-any.pkg.tar.xz »
manjaro-keyring-201 100%[===================>]  59,04K  --.-KB/s    in 0,08s
2016-11-14 18:59:37 (748 KB/s) — « manjaro-keyring-20160527-1-any.pkg.tar.xz » sauvegardé [60452/60452]
avertissement : manjaro-keyring-20160527-1 est à jour -- réinstalle
Paquets (1) manjaro-keyring-20160527-1
Taille totale installée :     0,08 MiB
(1/1) réinstallation manjaro-keyring               [----------------------] 100%
 >>> Run `pacman-key --init` to set up your pacman keyring.
 >>> Then run `pacman-key --populate manjaro` to install the Manjaro keyring.
dirmngr[4214.0]: erreur d'ouverture de « /root/.gnupg/dirmngr_ldapservers.conf » : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
dirmngr[4214.0]: certificats chargés de façon permanente : 0
dirmngr[4214.0]:       certificats actuellement en cache : 0
dirmngr[4214.0]: échec d'ouverture du répertoire de cache « /root/.gnupg/crls.d/DIR.txt » : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
dirmngr[4214.0]: création du répertoire « /root/.gnupg/crls.d »
dirmngr[4214.0]: nouveau répertoire de cache « /root/.gnupg/crls.d/DIR.txt » créé
# Home: /root/.gnupg
# Config: [none]
OK Dirmngr 2.1.15 at your service
pacman-key --init
gpg: /etc/pacman.d/gnupg/trustdb.gpg : base de confiance créée
gpg: aucune clef de confiance ultime n'a été trouvée
gpg: starting migration from earlier GnuPG versions
gpg: porting secret keys from '/etc/pacman.d/gnupg/secring.gpg' to gpg-agent
gpg: migration succeeded
gpg: Generating pacman keyring master key...
gpg: clef EF75E43FD0E19572 marquée de confiance ultime.
gpg: répertoire « /etc/pacman.d/gnupg/openpgp-revocs.d » créé
gpg: revocation certificate stored as '/etc/pacman.d/gnupg/openpgp-revocs.d/4B3E84831BEE3F1F9612190BEF75E43FD0E19572.rev'
gpg: Done
==> Mise à jour de la base de données de confiance...
gpg: marginals needed: 3  completes needed: 1  trust model: pgp
gpg: profondeur : 0  valables :   1  signées :   0
     confiance : 0 i., 0 n.d., 0 j., 0 m., 0 t., 1 u.
pacman-key --populate ...
Paquets à conserver :
  Tous les paquets installés
Répertoire du cache : /var/cache/pacman/pkg/
:: Voulez-vous supprimer tous les autres paquets du cache ? [O/n]
suppression des paquets obsolètes du cache...
Répertoire des dépôts : /var/lib/pacman/
:: Voulez-vous supprimer les dépôts non utilisés ? [O/n]
suppression des dépôts synchronisés inutilisés...
 core                     139,1 KiB  1676K/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 extra                   1919,9 KiB  2,12M/s 00:01 [----------------------] 100%
 community                  4,1 MiB  2,18M/s 00:02 [----------------------] 100%
avertissement : menulibre : retourne à la version antérieure (1:2.1.0-1 => 2.1.3-1)
avertissement : les métadonnées pour le paquet gtk-sharp-2-2.12.29-1 n’ont pas pu être totalement chargées.
erreur : la préparation de la transaction a échoué (paquet invalide ou corrompu)

I tried to force the system update... but it also does the same error! o_O

core est à jour
 extra est à jour
 community est à jour
avertissement : menulibre : la version locale (1:2.1.0-1) est plus récente que community (2.1.3-1)

hello ,

coud you try

sudo pacman-mirrors -g -c France,Germany,Italy,Ireland,Netherlands
sudo pacman -Syy
sudo pacman -S archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys 

and after

sudo pacman -Syy
sudo pacman -Syu

we also have a french forums
http://www.manjaro.fr/forum/index.php
:wink:

First thing i did. I did it 7 times with no success

coud you tell us your last update system, the last time ?

about last week, before i did the update of manjaro-system this afternoon

what results for
sudo pacman -Ss gtk-sharp ?

from mine , i have gtk-sharp-2 installed

I doubt it's related since i got this warning since the fresh install and it never caused any problems to me

But it gave me this:

[max@Rarity ~]$ sudo pacman -Ss gtk-sharp
extra/gio-sharp 0.3-2
    a branch of the official gtk-sharp/gio to get gio-sharp building on
    gtk-sharp 2.12
extra/gtk-sharp-2 2.12.42-1 [installé: 2.12.29-1]
    gtk2 bindings for C#
extra/gtk-sharp-beans 2.14.0-3
    Gtk Sharp Beans aims to fill the gap between the current Gtk sharp packages
    state and all the blings and desktop integration stuffs
community/gtk-sharp-3 2.99.3-1
    C# bindings for GTK+ 3
community/webkitgtk-sharp 2.0.0-2
    C# bindings for WebKitGTK+

Though, i tried to uninstall it, once. But it didn't let me too because it's apparently part of the system.

this is this version
extra/gtk-sharp-2 2.12.42-1 [installed]

but before you have done
pacman -Sc so the local cache is now empy ,
so doing pacman -Syyuu to goback in version N-1 cannot work , because local cache is required for

You gave me an idea. I tried to reinstall gtk-sharp-2. But i still run into the same problem as usual, even with --force

I really feel the only way to get through this is to format and reinstall everything

there is another to avoid all format and re install
i you have a partition for /home,
you can only re install one partition ( here / ) and you kept /home safe

It's ok for the home, i don't really care (it's a laptop, everything important is on the cloud)

What bothers me is that manjaro doesn't install automatically my wifi. So I must install it myself by pluging my PC on the wired network. And i'd like to avoid this if possible.

I'm trying with the manjaro of my desktop. It has a different architecture but was based on the same iso (for some strange reason, the desktop doesn't have any issues with gtk-sharp-2!) I tried to update manjaro-system. It freezed when it wanted to reinstall ttf-dejavu, but when i closed and started pamac again, i could install the other updates. and they're updating without any problems!

I know they have different architectures but well.. it seems i have no choice

i have ttf-dejavu been updated yesterday and more later an update for kernel-4.4 LTS

sudo pacman -Rdd gtk-sharp-2

Then update, then note any problems, then reinstall gtk-sharp-2 and anything else required.

Forum kindly sponsored by