cant update today the 140 updates i have on unstable branch

could not satisfy dependencies:
installing icu (65.1-2) breaks dependency 'icu<64.3' required by manjaro-settings-manager

I'm on openbox btw

Thanx - the icu lib is very global :slight_smile:

If you want to update - uninstall manjaro-settings-manager - and the updates goes through.

Reinstall settings-manager when things calm down.

1 Like

Because i want the updated mesa for my amd machine i think i will do just that. TY!

ruh roh raggy

virtualbox
/usr/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox: error while loading shared libraries: libicui18n.so.64: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

could i build libicu50 or libicuid from aur to get that one? @linux-aarhus

That is a conflict - you can downgrade using the package from your pacman cache but it don't work well with other packages expecting v64.

That is creating gtk/gdk errors the most inconvenient places.

I hadn't had the pleasure yet of starting virtualbox - I guess we can add to the list of rebuilds needed.

The only move I can think of is the highly unorthodox method of switching branch to testing and then use the downgrade option of pacman.

Then postpone any further updates until unstable stabilizes.

1 Like

TY for you help kind sir!

I just had to use grub to boot to TTY and downgrade the system to testing branch before I could boot it.

The update on unstable - or perhaps my own doing - made my system unbootable.

So I just used option 2 myself to get my system back up.

1 Like

i'm doing the Syyuu option now.

All good here after reboot. Glad you are too now.

Thanks again

1 Like

The virtualbox error has been fixed in unstable with a rebuild of qt5-base.

I have moved back to unstable - not problems - just an intermittent inconvenience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by