Catalyst not running after installing it in openrc

so i couldn't get catalyst to install and run properly after installing openrc 17, 17.01, or after using the manjaro-architect installer

So i tried installing it after the fact and it isn't working. I install the headers and the kernels for the catalyst but after reboot i get the above error when i tried to run sudo amdcccle.

qt4 is installed also...

I would try catalyst-utils-openrc

ok then. moving on the the dev version...

ok, so maybe you fixed it since i just tried it and the non-free didn't work? will try again...

or does openrc just not work with catalyst? Currently i'm trying to install it after the fact...

installing that made nop difference

You sure your card isn't handled by the community drivers?

In xfce systemd I run catalyst without any problems. I have an A8 with an 8553g (I think) apu and an A6 with a 6520g apu. Both run on catalyst really well...

I use manjaro because of overscan issues and because you still support catalyst

I think what @jsamyth said is that are you still using the vesa driver?

Try checking it with this command :

mhwd -li

Ah, I see.
Then why run opernrc?
.... /Me Running and ducking.....

1 Like

Because systemd is evil

Yah well all I know to do is to run

Sudo aticonfig --initial

But that doesn't help

Also.. I'm tired now.. yesterday and today of trying to get openrc installed with catalyst has exhausted me a lot.

Plus today I walked my cat to the vet in the stroller to have his teeth looked at. I'm spent. It was very hot and muggy... 1/2 hour each way... Smoothie is fiv+ and has some need for teeth extraction...gonna have to plan a trip to Richmond.

Feel for you, our little ginger thug has to go in Wednesday to have possibly all his teeth out, due to some weird auto-immune gingivitis (spelling?). The only people happy about it will be the vet & nurses he wont bite (again)......... and a cost of £250.

1 Like

It's okay, take your time. I hope in the next trial, you will successfully install catalyst!

1 Like
catalyst-input and xf86-input-libinput-nosystemd are in conflict

so lets stop making them conflict

we need some mediation here...

well see... i'm using the manjaro architect installer and while the issue no longer seems to be with the installer but a conflict between catalyst and openrc at this point, i dont think it much matters which driver is loading because catalyst isn't installing automatically like it should via the installer due to this catalyst-xf86 input issue. when catalyst installs, several -nosystemd files get uninstalled and one refuses to uninstall.

@jonathon is this a known issue that catalyst won't work with openrc or is it something new... what should i do?

> Installing video-catalyst...
Using default
Has lib32 support: true
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/db/pci/graphic_drivers/catalyst/MHWDCONFIG
Processing classid: 0300
Sourcing /var/lib/mhwd/scripts/include/0300

Packages (5) xf86-input-elographics-1.4.1-7  xf86-input-evdev-2.10.5-1  xf86-input-keyboard-1.9.0-2  xf86-input-mouse-1.9.2-3  xf86-input-void-1.4.1-3

Total Removed Size:  0.27 MiB

:: Do you want to remove these packages? [Y/n] 
:: Processing package changes...
removing xf86-input-elographics...
removing xf86-input-evdev...
removing xf86-input-keyboard...
removing xf86-input-mouse...
removing xf86-input-void...
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: catalyst-input and xf86-input-libinput-nosystemd are in conflict (xf86-input-libinput). Remove xf86-input-libinput-nosystemd? [y/N] error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)

:: catalyst-input and xf86-input-libinput-nosystemd are in conflict
Error: pacman failed!
Error: script failed!

I'm not an OpenRC expert (or even user now) - but I do know that Catalyst isn't well supported any more. AMD have stopped development, and if you're running Catalyst you're also using a rapidly ageing version of Xorg (1.17 vs 1.19).

2 Likes

Which is why i am ever so grateful for Manjaro being the only one to continue to support it.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Forum kindly sponsored by