Change Wireless Mode to 802.11b/g/n

Hi all. I'm fairly new to Linux in general. My problem is that my wireless card (Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377) uses 802.11ac but my router only supports 802.11b/g/n. Normally this wouldn't be a problem since the card also supports b/g/n but somehow, it keeps forcing itself to use ac which makes me lose connection to the router very frequently. I've already confirmed that the wireless modulation is the cause of my intermittent network issues since the problem gets fixed on Windows 10 by changing the "Wireless Mode" on Device Manager to 11b/g/n. Also, I borrowed an 11ac router from my friend and noticed that the problem doesn't occur when I am connected to that. Obviously, I can't keep using that router since it ain't mine. I also don't want to go back to Windows just to have a proper WiFi since Windows is really clunky.

I've already tried using "iwconfig modu" and setting it to something like 11g or 11b but it always says "Operation not supported". Similarly, "iwlist modulation" outputs that it has "unknown modulation information" on my network interface wlp2s0. I'm looking for a setting that can change that since I can't seem to find anything on the help pages of "iw".

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by