ClanLib package problems

Hello everyone!

I am intending to develop a small 2D game in C++, an I want to use the ClanLib library for graphics and managing assets. I installed the clanlib package from the official Manjaro community repository. When I tried to include ClanLib/display.h in my project, the compiler didn't find it. The Display component of ClanLib is totally missing from the installed package. According to Pamac it is version 4.0, which should have the Display component, according to the project GitHub.
I would be able to solve the issue by manually downloading ClanLib from GitHub, compiling and installing it, but that isn't a long-term solution.
I also find it extremely difficult to find any meaningful information about ClanLib which is newer than 2011.
Does anyone have any experience with the library?

According to Pamac, the package maintainer is @felixonmars.
Felix, do you know why is Display not in the package?

My system btw is
Intel Core i3-7100, 8GB DDR4 RAM, B250M-DS3H motherboard, RX-570 graphics card.
Manjaro KDE (stable branch), everything up-to-date, Kernel 5.4.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Where do you see that on the github? Are you sure you have that right? Can you provide a link?

There is clearly a Display module, and in the API folder, which I suppose is copied to the /usr/include/ location during installation, there is a display.h file.
Installed version is 4.0.0-3.
Display is a key component and according to some old documentation and tutorials I managed to dig up, it has been there since the 0.x days of the project, so I don't think it was removed for 4.0.0 (released in 2015) (which the package is based on according to the version number) and re-added later in one of the 300-something commits since the 4.0.0 release.

Anyway, it would be nice to update the package to include the Display component, which is crucial for games made with ClanLib to run.

I am not the maintainer. Please refer to https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/clanlib/ and use the link there to report a bug/feature request to its maintainer.

2 Likes

Sorry then. I will report the bug at the appropriate place.

Forum kindly sponsored by