Color inversion(KDE desktop effect) not working after latest upgrade.

After the latest upgrade, the color inversion desktop effect comes with KDE stopped working. Is this a bug or it's just me?

I always invert the color of the screen when I'm reading articles, white background hurts my eyes.

The default activation key for color inversion desktop effect is ctrl+win+i, I can see the effect item in the desktop effect menu, and turned it on and off multiple times, but it's not working anymore.

I tried restart the computer and restart the Plasma, didn't work.

EDIT: here are some information in the 'about system' page
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.15.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.58.0
Qt Version: 5.12.3
Kernel Version: 4.14.121-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i3-6100T CPU @ 3.20GHz
Memory: 7.7 GiB of RAM

Maybe not much help, but it still works for me (AMD CPU and GPU with free driver).

Did you check your compositors rendering backend setting?
Screenshot_20190528_120113

Might just be a driver (kernel module and/or mesa) related issue (doesn't currently support this setting properly).

I checked it out, my default setting uses OpenGL 2.0, otherwise identical to yours. I changed it to OpenGL 3.1, nothing happened.
When I click into the compositor page, there's a warning on the top saying OpenGL may crash Kwin.

I was tweaking with the compositor settings, after I changed the animation speed, color inversion works again! Thank you! idk why though...

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by