compact shortcut menu / quick start menu

Hello, fellow Manjaroids,

I am new to Manjaro and almost as new to Linux, tried Ubuntu before and didnt like it but Arch/Manjaro just fits and I am happy to have found it (and this forum, which already helped me a lot). For the following question I didnt find an answer, though :slight_smile:

I need a kind of compact shortcut-menu which is NOT the task manager. The left side of the picture shows how it is now when I used "add to panel" to several programs for testing purposes.

The right side shows how its should look like, although I need much more programs, at least 3x6, preferably with smaller icons.

All the widgets I have checked, did is miss one or does anyone has an idea to achieve the desired behavior?

screen_both

Thanks a lot!
~Robert

specs:

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.15.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.58.0
Qt Version: 5.12.3
Kernel Version: 4.19.45-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 4 × Intel® Core™ i7-7600U CPU @ 2.80GHz
Memory: 15.5 GiB of RAM

Don't quite understand what you are looking for, so i'll shot in the dark and propose to Unlock Widgets, right click on the panel space of Task Manager > Show alternatives and change to Icons-only Task Manager and instead of dragging icons to the panel, better Pin them.

1 Like

Yes, I tried that, but that was not what I meant. Let me try some ASCII-Art instead! :smiley: [X] are just small program-icons for applications like Firefox, PyCharm .. whatever, a lot of them, just to start them up, not showing current tasks or anything else.

Below them is the task manager, which shows the current tasks and is fine the way it is already. The problem is.. how can I get the part with the [X] [X] [X] independent from the task manager, kind of just a list of links.

[X] [X] [X]
[X] [X] [X]
[X] [X] [X]
[X] [X] [X]
[X] [X] [X]

[Task Mgr]
[Task Mgr]
[Task Mgr]
[Task Mgr]
[Task Mgr]
[Task Mgr]
[Task Mgr]
[Task Mgr]
[Task Mgr]
[Task Mgr]

Greetz,
~Robert

P.S.: I made another screenshot from an old system how it should look like: win

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by