Confused installing wifi

Im sorry but my laptop is a MacBook and I have not mouse only trackpad and it not work properly

which command gives the large output ?

OK here is the output of ip link show

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
2: enp3s0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP mode DEFAULT group default qlen 1000
link/ether 58:b0:35:f2:f5:dc brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

hmm, your wireless network interface isn't detected, it must be the problem with driver

There are other options?

the only thing to do is to make the driver works, I think the instructions in this post is quite clear tho (mentioned by @bogdancovaciu) just follow step-by-step and ask here if you feel confused
https://archived.forum.manjaro.org/t/broadcom-wifi-fails-to-install/46316/2?u=bogdancovaciu

1 Like

Yes, I saw the post and followed the instructions fully, but without good results. Now I really do not know what to do anymore.
Anyway, thanks to you and everyone for the help.
regards
Josef

you may try this again to make sure the driver being used right now after anything you done

Yes, I saw the post and followed the instructions fully, but without good results. Now I really do not know what to do anymore.
Anyway, thanks to you and everyone for the help.
regards
Josef

Thanks, I'm going to try this again and then I put the results here. We'll see what happens.

what's the output of

sudo mhwd -l

Also at this point it's the question if meanwhile there is stuff installed conflicting with each other ... :wink:
This will list everything broadcom you currently have installed:

pacman -Q | grep broadcom

Did you already see this post?
Solution listed there was:

sudo ip link set wlp2s0 up
sudo systemctl stop NetworkManager
sudo systemctl start NetworkManager

Ok, I will try it and post the output
Thanks again

Yes, I have seen the post and try the porposed solution but without success. Im sorry, Im trying now to make a new install and also the driver as your previous advice. I think maybe I made a mess with all the different procedures.
Thanks

If your adapter is not being detected sometimes letting the battery completely discharge and the resetting your bios to the factory default helps.

the output is
linux-rt-lts-manjaro-broadcom-wl 4.19-2
linux419-broadcom-wl 6.30.223.271-23
linux419-rt-broadcom-wl 6.30.223.271-1

The output of sudo mhwd - l is
mhwd: command not found

Thanks
Josef

Thanks for your advice but I cant do it. The laptop is in use by other person and Im experiment only with this one.

I get the following message:

Command "wlp2s0" is unknown, try "ip link help"

Also here I get a similar answer:

bash: inix: command not found

you mistyped it, the correct one is inxi

Forum kindly sponsored by