After a 4 months of development we are happy to present more lighter CoreApps v2.8.
So much work done to make the libs lighter, lots of code clean up and New features
From now on we rename CoreApps to C Suite.
There are some core features that makes them great. Some are listed here.
- All the apps are light with lesser dependencies and uses less ram.
- All the apps can run in low resource device like Raspberry pi and device with out hardware acceleration like postmarketos devices.
- Bookmark support across the all apps makes your important files in one place(CorePins).
- All the apps are touch-friendly and suitable Phablet and Tablet and we are working towards that.
- Apps use the precious vertical screen real estate properly. Shows what you need, use the screen on the items what’s matter to user.
- We introduced a feature called "Session" in
CoreStuffapp. You can select some apps and with file & give a name to make a session. Then double click the session , it will open the apps with the selected file.
- All the search you done will be saved. Also you just double click that Search activity it will show the result from that folder which you searched couple of days ago in CoreHunt.
- Activities in
CoreStuffwill show all the app you opened with the file. Just double click that, it will restore the app with that file you working with couple of days ago. Don't worry you can clear the both SEARCH & RECENT ACTIVITIES.
So here we present the new features and changes we did for v2.8.
- Now user will see a separate category only on appSeletionDialog named C Suite.
- Shareit now supports 3rd party plugins.
- Rewrote the system notification backend, now it's more responsive.
- CoreTime, Added date support in reminder and Alarm now Rings in time using tray.
- CoreGarage, Added restore default settings option and other ui fixes.
- CorePDF, Fixed user need to add the extension when saving the image. And Save page is now in thread, so app won't freeze.
- CoreToppings, New repo to host additional things for c suit.
- New search and volume control and weather widget. And improved Calendar widget with international holiday and reminder events.
- CoreFM, Reduced the startup lag and Removed large gaps between items.
- CorePlayer, Stopped the development.
- CoreImage, Fixed slidshow exit shortcut also starting the slidshow and image navigation going reverse. Now shows zoom scale.
- CoreShot, Now user won't lost the taken shot if the saved path or editor is not set, Fixed shot preview window can't be resize and Replaced clipboard button with shearit
- CoreStuff, Added power dialog, support for vertical screen and removed app mode.
- CoreKeyboard, Fixed "fixed mode" movement bug and keyboard and key height is too small.
If you have any postmarketOS devices, you can use CoreApps there.
PINEPHONE users also can use the CoreApps via postmarketOS.
CoreFM IS THE BEST FILE MANAGER YOU WILL GET IN YOUR MOBILE.
PLEASE JOIN US TO INTRODUCE THE COREAPPS TO ALL THE LINUX USERS.
Please consider reporting bugs in Gitlab issues.
Download packages for Arch from here.
Thank you very much
@Librewish for testing and taking this beautiful screenshots.
@spikerguy for testing in pmos, pinehone and manjaro arm.
@Strit for making package for Manjaro-ARM and adding this apps to AUR.
We have a Matrix group. Chat with us in IRC/Matrix #cubocore:matrix.org
And visit our website CuboCore.