Crash in plasma settings

Hello I have a problem with system settings in KDE. Here is my inxi.
Whenever I go in display and monitor and any subcategory the window closes.

From when I click on display and monitor to when the app crash, the output in the terminal is

org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_kscreen" "The shared library was not found." 
Plugin search paths are ("/usr/lib/qt/plugins", "/usr/bin") 
The environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH might be not correctly set
QQmlEngine::setContextForObject(): Object already has a QQmlContext
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/InlineMessage.qml:136: TypeError: Value is undefined and could not be converted to an object
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/templates/InlineMessage.qml:136: TypeError: Value is undefined and could not be converted to an object
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  systemsettings5

I didn't find any solution on the net.

Well then you didn't look very hard:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=250136
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/crash-accessing-display-and-monitor-settings-kde-ktown-5_19-0-a-4175662728/
Since you joined the forum an hour ago i am going to assume you have not updated your system.
Do:
ctrl+alt+f3
sudo pacman-mirrors -f5
sudo pacman -Syyu
systemctl reboot

2 Likes

Actually, I just installed my system after upgrading hardware and been using Manjaro since 2 years now. Just checked but I don't have any update and maybe I should have mentioned that I'm on testing. It seems that kcmutils 5.64 solve the problem with the link you provided but testing don't have it yet as the other branches.

EDIT: It's possible that my theme (sweet) causes problem too

1 Like

KWin is presently crashing in Testing I've read here today, Live with it or change to Stable was the advice read.

I've just registered here, having exactly the same problem, seems to be fixed when i select one of Breeze themes in Global themes, for some reason?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by