danjaro - The puppy on the porch.

Hello,

I have been a linux user for many years and had used various operating systems. I used to be very keen on many things, but, in the last 8 years life had been busy for me so I was just going by the defaults. Going by the guided update managers for ubuntu/debian. Well I am back relearning arch and bsd again. I have become dissapointed with how less independant some operating systems have become. Anyway I really love how manjaro is easy to use so I can take my time learning again and What I am doing right now is configuring doom. Freedoom does not want to install I got gzdoom to work. Ill get there with it. I notice for me I like the convienience of not having to type my password to log in. I miss pacman and pkg install, also, installing the ports it is much faster. installing this was simple straightforward and fast. I am using the xfce desktop edition. what did you all focus on configuring after you did the install. Looking forward to making friends here.

Thanks.
Dan.

Welcome!

Moved to #general-discussion:user-stories

Also, just a friendly heads up that this forum uses markdown for making posts so be sure not to indent the beginning of paragraphs. That is why your post ended up on single line.

Thanks Dalto. Appriciate it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by