Dark theme and firefox

Hi,

I wanted to give some dark gtk themes a try (e.g adapta-nokto). I found that Firefox is showing black text entry fields when I select a dark theme:

Bildschirmfoto%20vom%202019-02-08%2006-40-58

Any idea how to solve this?

Matthias

Also,

2 Likes

18 year-old bug still not resolved. Slight mitigation is this extension but does not work on all fields.

Thank you! That did the trick!

Personally, I prefer a little bit of css in the profile.

~/.mozilla/USER.PROFILE/chrome/userContent.css

with this in it:

input:not(.urlbar-input):not(.textbox-input):not(.form-control):not([type='checkbox']):not([type='radio']), textarea, select {
    -moz-appearance: none !important;
    background-color: white;
    color: black;
}

#downloads-indicator-counter {
    color: white;
} 

? but with "gtk-theme-override" i can choose a theme (Breeze for my plama) is not only colors

Breeze: acapture_20190208_093448
other: acapture_20190208_093543

I like my theme. I want it applied. I just want certain input areas to look correct.
I have no intention of loading a second theme as a 'fix'.

Doesn't chromium have the same issue though?

I think it's just a matter of websites defining a font color, but not a textbox background color, so the background used is that of the theme and the text color is what is defined by the website, usually black.
Sloppy webpage design is the problem in my opinion.

no problem with chromium ...

no is not html, here it's only form controls (btns, radio, ...) where color are not rewrited by html
with cscs capture, we can still see this bug: radio not selected with black background

I just wish that this problem will be gone in the future updates. Its either the css of manjaro will adjust or the browser's.

You may enjoy this then..

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by