Datetime + calendar panel applet in mate

Hi everyone
I tried Ubuntu Mate and I would like to use its datetime indicator, this indicator allows to manage Evolution events easily. In Ubuntu, they use the indicator-datetime but manjaro doesn't have this.

there are any alternative to manage events easily in mate panel?

Hi,

probably is mate-ayatana-indicator-applet + ayatana-indicator-datetime from AUR ?

Thanks a lot for our answer. I'm trying to install mate-ayatana-indicator-applet but I'm getting errors "Waiting for other tasks to finish"

Edit: Error was caused by mate-indicators. Just uninstall it, ok.
mate-ayatana-indicator-applet installed. Now I'm getting error "libecal 1.2 not found". This pull request https://github.com/AyatanaIndicators/ayatana-indicator-datetime/pull/3 tries fix it but is't accepted. I tried download the pull request and make manually but I'm getting "Package 'url-dispatcher-1', required by 'virtual:world', not found" and "Package 'dbustest-1', required by 'virtual:world', not found"

Edit 2: I already installed ayatana-indicator-applet, with this shell commands:

mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBEXECDIR=lib -Denable_tests=OFF ..
make

So now, how to ayatana-indicators works? I already added indicator-applets to matte panel, but neither show any thing, others shows "No indicators".

any suggestion?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by