Deepin update is super buggy

Two days ago I updated my laptop, and suddenly Deepin DE looked completely different and was super buggy. I panicked, spent two nights trying to reinstall manjaro in hopes that I would get a stable DE, but sadly it's still riddled with bugs.


One such issue is that for some odd reason, there are two blue rectangles on the bottom left of the login screen (which by the way, looks a lot uglier than it used to be), like this.

I suspect it's supposed to say deepin there and it seems like perhaps that is part of the manjaro logo that is being displayed instead.


Another issue is that when I login, right when it's loading the desktop, I used to get a really cool mouse curser loading animation, but now it seems that from lockscreen until the desktop loads, the cursor theme is stuck on Adwaita instead of the one I set it to, bloom.


Yet another annoying bug, I cannot change my wallpaper. When I right click on the desktop and click Wallpaper and Screensaver, the bar on the bottom where I can select a wallpaper appears for a moment without displaying any actual wallpapers, and then it disappears. After this happens the dock dissapears too and I can't get it back unless I sign out and sign back in again.

When I installed it, the desktop was black, however I did manage to set a wallpaper with the context menu of an image file in the file explorer. (But this doesn't affect the login screen background, which is the default one of the ocean surface from underwater.)


I'm sure there are plenty more bugs, I just need time to discover them... I wonder how this update made it into the repo


$ inxi -Fxxxz

System:    Host: CT-5555 Kernel: 5.7.0-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0 Desktop: Deepin 20 tk: Qt 5.14.2 
           info: dde-dock wm: DeepinWM dm: LightDM 1.30.0 Distro: Manjaro Linux 
Machine:   Type: Laptop System: LENOVO product: 81FB v: Lenovo ideapad 330S-15ARR serial: <filter> Chassis: type: 10 
           v: Lenovo ideapad 330S-15ARR serial: <filter> 
           Mobo: LENOVO model: LNVNB161216 v: SDK0J40700WIN serial: <filter> UEFI: LENOVO v: 7WCN37WW date: 05/22/2019 
Battery:   ID-1: BAT1 charge: 29.5 Wh condition: 29.5/30.0 Wh (98%) volts: 8.2/7.4 model: LENOVO BASE-BAT type: Li-poly 
           serial: <filter> status: Full cycles: 134 
CPU:       Topology: Quad Core model: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Zen 
           L2 cache: 2048 KiB 
           flags: avx avx2 lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 sse4a ssse3 svm bogomips: 31948 
           Speed: 1472 MHz min/max: 1600/2000 MHz boost: enabled Core speeds (MHz): 1: 1366 2: 1732 3: 1370 4: 1371 5: 1370 
           6: 1382 7: 1370 8: 1388 
Graphics:  Device-1: AMD Raven Ridge [Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Vega Mobile Series] vendor: Lenovo driver: amdgpu v: kernel 
           bus ID: 03:00.0 chip ID: 1002:15dd 
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.8 driver: amdgpu,ati unloaded: modesetting alternate: fbdev,vesa tty: N/A 
           OpenGL: renderer: AMD RAVEN (DRM 3.37.0 5.7.0-1-MANJARO LLVM 10.0.0) v: 4.6 Mesa 20.0.6 direct render: Yes 
Audio:     Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Raven/Raven2/Fenghuang HDMI/DP Audio vendor: Lenovo 
           driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 03:00.1 chip ID: 1002:15de 
           Device-2: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Raven/Raven2/FireFlight/Renoir Audio Processor driver: N/A bus ID: 03:00.5 
           chip ID: 1022:15e2 
           Device-3: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 17h HD Audio vendor: Lenovo driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel 
           bus ID: 03:00.6 chip ID: 1022:15e3 
           Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.7.0-1-MANJARO 
Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8821CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Lenovo driver: rtl8821ce v: N/A 
           port: 2000 bus ID: 01:00.0 chip ID: 10ec:c821 
           IF: wlp1s0 state: up mac: <filter> 
           IF-ID-1: eth0 state: up speed: -1 duplex: unknown mac: <filter> 
Drives:    Local Storage: total: 495.06 GiB used: 247.71 GiB (50.0%) 
           ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Samsung model: SSD 860 EVO 500GB size: 465.76 GiB speed: 6.0 Gb/s serial: <filter> rev: 2B6Q 
           scheme: GPT 
           ID-2: /dev/sdb type: USB vendor: Generic model: Flash Disk size: 29.30 GiB serial: <filter> rev: 8.07 scheme: MBR 
Partition: ID-1: / size: 108.36 GiB used: 10.61 GiB (9.8%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda5 
           ID-2: swap-1 size: 7.55 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda6 
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 43.2 C mobo: N/A gpu: amdgpu temp: 43 C 
           Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A 
Info:      Processes: 214 Uptime: 29m Memory: 6.74 GiB used: 672.2 MiB (9.7%) Init: systemd v: 245 Compilers: gcc: 9.3.0 
           Shell: zsh v: 5.8 running in: deepin-terminal inxi: 3.0.37

So your saying Deepin is buggy. Hmmm... I could be wrong, but I think this might have been mentioned on the forum a fair number of times already.

4 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: I didn't know - updated deepin ...

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by