Did anyone installed drivers for Nvidia GTX1070?

Hello,

I have a laptop Alienware 17 r5 Nvidia GTX1070. I heard good comments from my friends about manjaro. I am curious to use this distribution. Before installing, does manjaro supports this graphics card?. The intention behind asking this is, Every time I install Linux (Ubuntu), I end up with black display. Currently, I have windows, am I holding myself to install. I wanted to know did anyone had a smooth installation of Nvidia. Thanks

Yes.
If this laptop only has the GTX in it, just install the nvidia driver with Manjaro Settings Manager, or choose "non-free" in the ISO's Grub menu.

1 Like

Have you tried to boot live session from Manjato iso?

You may need to do some reading:

No, I am just enquirying whether this distributions supports or not ?.

Searching the forum for "GTX1070" shows that some Manjaro users have this hardware.

Manjaro supports any modern nvidia graphics chip including the 1070, but sometimes dual graphics (Intel+nvidia) can be a bit problematic. Manjaro has all the necessary tools and documentaiton to get it to work though.

Does Manjaro Linux support the Nvidia GTX 1070?

Yes.

Does Manjaro Linux fully support your laptop out-of-the-box without any issues whatsoever?

Probably not.

Does any Linux distro fully support your laptop out-of-the-box without any issues whatsoever?

Probably not.

1 Like

Question asked and answered. Let's move on.

Forum kindly sponsored by