Discord Screen Sharing Cannot Share an Application Window

Hello! First of all, here is my system information:

[System]
Arch: x86_64
Kernel: 5.6.12-1-MANJARO
Desktop: KDE
Display Server: x11

Discord can't even stream the discord itself. I can only share the entire screen...which is not possible to stream with sound.

I have tried PTB/ Canary version, reinstalled all dependencies, and a clean reinstall, but none of them help. Interesting enough, I tried installing discord on a Live usb and it works like a champ. Anyone could help?
Screenshot_20200615_163239

Welcome to the forum! :beers:

Your system is out-of-date. Manjaro's release number currently stands at 20.0.3, and the current 5.6-generation kernel is 5.6.16-1-MANJARO. Please upgrade your system.

Log out of KDE Plasma completely ─ you should see the login screen again ─ and then press Ctrl+Alt+F2. Log in at the character-mode login prompt with your own credentials, and then issue the command... :arrow_lower_left:

sudo pacman -Syyu

Answer positively to any questions you might get regarding the replacement of certain packages.

After the upgrade has finished, reboot your system cleanly with... :arrow_lower_left:

sudo systemctl reboot

Manjaro is a rolling-release distribution. Updates to the [Stable] branch are generally grouped together in batches and issued on average every two or three weeks. There will always be a dedicated announcement thread about this under the #announcements:stable-updates category.

If you want to keep using your Manjaro system reliably, then it is recommended that you'd pay attention to the update notifier icon in your system tray and/or that you periodically visit the forum in order to check on update announcements.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

opps it was the wrong system information. Here is the actual the current system:
[System]
Arch: x86_64
Kernel: 5.4.44-1-MANJARO
Desktop: KDE
Display Server: x11

However, my live usb is much older and completely out-of-date which still works perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by