DMAR Broken BIOS

I already had a bug,

[Firmware Bug]: No firmware reserved region can cover this RMRR [0x0000000078800000-0x000000007affffff], contact BIOS vendor for fixes

After the latest grub and kernel update, I started receiving this as well,

[Firmware Bug]: Your BIOS is broken; bad RMRR [0x0000000078800000-0x000000007affffff]

I'm not sure if this was grub or kernel (possibly kernel) that started this issue. I am perfectly able to boot and run everything, I'm just unsure if this will cause any other issues or if there is a fix to this. I use Asus ROG laptop, specifically GL552VW and have contacted them with this bug but haven't received any response yet.

Hi!
You should try and update your bios

see this and check version bios

I am already on the latest bios, I have contacted asus, but they want me to get it to a service center, which is especially not possible during this pandemic, and also, not possibly the solution.

I'm already on the latest version, asus probably won't update it anymore. I'm fine for now, everything works as expected, I'm just wondering if I should be concerned for the long run?

see this

check option in bios on iommu & vt-d

Thanks! disabling vt-d removed both warnings. I am receiving tpm_crb MSFT0101 0: [Firmware Bug]: ACPI region does not cover the entire command/response buffer, It seems related to TPM, but my BIOS does not have an option to enable/disable it, so I guess it is what it is. Thank you for your help.

Forum kindly sponsored by