So first of all, sorry that this post is actually a repost; my first post is this here:
However, sadly the issue did not get fixed via any updates until now and I also couldn't figure it out by myself.
So here I am again, asking for your much appreciated and professional grade help.
A tl:dr of my problem is as follows:
- Containers started via docker or docker-compose cannot connect to each other or the internet
- I can still ping other containers from within an
alpineimage, but calling
wgetor anything beyond simple pinging fails. In case of
wget: can't connect to remote host (172.17.0.3): Host is unreachable
- I have not changed anything about docker configs, especially none which configure how networking works
- Currently I think the most likely culprit is my firewall which just drops everything that is sent to/from the docker interface
- I have also not changed any firewall settings (well, actually I did after my first post, but I only tried to open as many ports and services as possible, so that can't really be the issue here)
- Even if I kill firewalld, docker containers can't connect to anything
- I tried to
iptables-restorethe output of
iptables-savefrom a friend of mine, to get back to a "sane" iptables config, but this didn't help either
As far as I know this issue still isn't widespread at all, so I'm really at a loss here
Any help is really appreciated!