Does Manjaro Still Support Separate, LUKS /home Partitions?

Manjaro works on a pcie ssd without encryption, but when I installed it with luks, after reboot and entering the decrypt key this happens:

grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>
grub rescue>

...so I can't even see what happened...
But if I were to re-install Manjaro with custom partitioning, could I try create a separate LUKS partition that gets mounted as /home instead of whole system or would that be and even more futile exercise?

Before starting a new thread please read the pages from the following links:

Keep in mind that there's a lot of information in the User Guide and Wiki:

and many common questions have already been answered so read the FAQ posts and Tutorials:

Using these resources will help everyone! "Help us help you."

That's actually the recommended procedure.

I'm a bit confused though as this looks partly like a tutorial and partly like a question.

Is this a question or a tutorial?

:confused:

...I assumed the auto-text put beneath my writing would be auto-deleted once I made the post...

Please click the little pencil below your original question and remove the auto-text, because lots of people answering here are unfamiliar with asking questions as they know everything and are easily confused... :wink: :grin:

...I wanted to do the strikethrough thing you've done so as to not confuse future readers, but there's only a button for bold and italics...

ah thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by