dolphin not showing samba shares automatically

if i load up dolphin and go to the smb shares section it searches for shares but returns nothing. if i type in the address bar, smb://hostname the share shows up. ive added the client max protocol = NT1 line referenced here: Samba share working but not browsable by Manjaro Xfce [Broken again] and read the arch wiki and am still lost :man_shrugging: my host is ubuntu server 18.04 and the client is manjaro testing.

here is my smb.conf file:
/etc/samba/smb.conf

#======================= Global Settings =======================

[global]
workgroup = WORKGROUP
server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
security = user
encrypt passwords = true
dns proxy = no
client max protocol = NT1
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
syslog = 0
panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
server role = standalone server
passdb backend = tdbsam
obey pam restrictions = yes
unix password sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = Enter\snew\s\spassword:* %n\n Retype\snew\s\spassword:* %n\n password\supdated\ssuccessfully .
pam password change = yes
map to guest = bad user
include = /etc/samba/shares.smb.conf
usershare allow guests = yes

and here is my share file:
/etc/samba/shares.smb.conf

[kinghat-server-data]
comment = kinghat-server share
path = /mnt/data
browseable = yes
public = yes
guest ok = no
writeable = yes
valid users = kinghat

pamac install samba kdenetwork-filesharing manjaro-settings-samba
And read from here on
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=Using_Samba_in_your_File_Manager#Dolphin_-_KDE.2Fplasma

i had the other packages but adding the manjaro-settings-sambapackage made it so the machine im on currently shows up now but not the server with the samba share on it :man_shrugging:

also, if i try to share from dolphin in manjaro i dont see it on my kde neon thinkpad laptop and it doesnt allow me to unshare it from the same interface.

when testing and comparing with kde neon i can right click share from dolphin, see the share show up in the samba status - system settings module, and see it show up in manjaro dolphin and interact with the kde neon share. so maybe i still dont have something configured correctly on manjaro that is causing the above.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by