Enlightenment has recently been updated to E20.7 in the mother repository (now already being flagged as out-of-date). As we know from the last posts of the previous forum or may have experienced ourselves, it has a bug regarding startup programs. One option is to downgrade back to E20.5, another is to wait for Arch (can be months), and yet another is to download, compile and install E20.8. Here the problem is gone and if installed correctly, when Arch eventually catches up, it will be normally updated.
- You do this entirely at your own risk.
- Make sure your system is up to date and backed up - have the latest E (and EFL etc.) from Arch.
- Create the following directory structure: ~/Build/E20_8 and go there.
(You can use Build for other projects as well.)
- Download http://download.enlightenment.org/rel/apps/enlightenment/enlightenment-0.20.8.tar.xz to here (inside E20_8).
- Extract: tar -xvf enlightenment-0.20.8.tar.xz
- This creates further subdirectories: ~/Build/E20_8/enlightenment-0.20.8/pkgbuild - go there.
- Edit the file PKGBUILD to remove the dependency 'bluez4' and save.
- Do: makepkg -sr
(This compiles everything, makes installable packages, and can take a while.)
- Do: sudo pacman -U enlightenment-0.20.8-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
- Reboot and hold thumbs.