Error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files) exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-18.0'

Hi,

I tried upgrading my manjaro stable installation, but I'm getting following error message. Do you have any useful tips for me?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(198/198) checking keys in keyring                                                           [######################################################] 100%
(198/198) checking package integrity                                                         [######################################################] 100%
(198/198) loading package files                                                              [######################################################] 100%
(198/198) checking for file conflicts                                                        [######################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/arc-menu@linxgem33.com/schemas/10_arc-menu.gschema.override exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-18.0'
/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/schemas/10_dash-to-dock.gschema.override exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-18.0'
/usr/share/libalpm/hooks/manjaro-extensions.hook exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-18.0'
/usr/share/libalpm/scripts/manjaro-extensions exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.config/Kvantum/kvantum.kvconfig exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.config/Trolltech.conf exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.config/autostart/gnome-screensaver.desktop exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.config/hexchat/addon_checksum.conf exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.config/hexchat/addon_sysinfo.conf exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.config/hexchat/hexchat.conf exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.config/hexchat/keybindings.conf exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.config/hexchat/servlist.conf exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.config/qt5ct/qt5ct.conf exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.local/share/gnome-background-properties/gnome-backgrounds.xml exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.profile exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/etc/skel/.xinitrc exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/99_manjaro-settings.gschema.override exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/usr/share/libalpm/hooks/disable-gdm-night-light.hook exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/usr/share/libalpm/hooks/manjaro-gnome-messages.hook exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/usr/share/libalpm/scripts/disable-gdm-night-light exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
/usr/share/libalpm/scripts/manjaro-gnome-messages exists in both 'manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0' and 'manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0'
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Please remove v18 version.. not ready for use now . This is the next settings for upcoming Illyria release .. anddd thank you now i see my error in pkgbuild

1 Like

Ok,
actually reading the terminal output helps, I solved the issue by giving the correct answers:

Thanks

:: Replace manjaro-gnome-extension-settings with community/manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-17.0? [Y/n] Y
:: Replace manjaro-gnome-extension-settings with community/manjaro-gnome-extension-settings-18.0? [Y/n] n
:: Replace manjaro-gnome-settings with community/manjaro-gnome-settings-17.0? [Y/n] Y
:: Replace manjaro-gnome-settings with community/manjaro-gnome-settings-18.0? [Y/n] n

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by